Thread: E85

Default E85

We recently bought a Rocket turnkey with a Hendren 602, set up on e85. Its already been tuned on Hendrens dyno, so we really don't wanna change fuels.How much fuel can we expect to burn in a 25 lap feature?

About 30 percent more because you have to increase every thing 30 percent in your fuel system.If you haven't used it before I think you like it. I actually used pump e85 in my limited type latemodel. I love the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    About 30 percent more because you have to increase every thing 30 percent in your fuel system.If you haven't used it before I think you like it. I actually used pump e85 in my limited type latemodel. I love the stuff.
    Since we have never had a crate engine how much fuel will we burn in a feature?

We used to burn about 5 gallons of race gas for a 20 lapper

Anyone looking for an E85 carb for a 604 crate i have a Stealth for sale... text 7047465255

the amount of consumption will greatly depend on the amount of caution and parade laps
    slow laps on gas have very little consumption where E85 is sloppy fat on the slow laps

Brad
    www.race-1.com

JDR carbs and maybe others keep the fuel consumption down in light throttle areas to help preserve the engine and minimize burn off. The car will stay more consistent if you're not losing as much rear percentage. Brad's right about a lot of E-85 carbs, we've seen some really bad ones.

Ive got a couple of ideas about size and placement of the fuel cell, is why Im trying to get an idea about consumption.