Default East Bay Replacement

Now that East Bay will be closing in a few years (sad,sad very sad) which track will take over for speedweeks? Thoughts?

Consensus seems to be All-Tech.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Hope it’s not All-Tech. Been going to East Bay Winternationals for years-made 2 trips in 1 to All-Tech this year! The track size & configuration does not produce good racing. Leisure/activity wise: Lake City is a far cry for the Tampa Bay Area to spend the week. There is still 4 more years at East Bay- maybe something will come up to derail the All-Tech Track- heck Bubbas would be better in my opinion! If Lucas does choose All-Tech- my Florida trip will be 1 week shorter!!

I just gotta get to East Bay before it joins Manzanita, Pennsboro etc on the list of legendary tracks that aint coming back that I never made it to.

I hope it works out.

What's the deal with Strawberries at Eastbay? Strawberry Dash, Strawberry shortcake, all that? Do I have to go to know? Do the owners grow strawberries?
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Lots of strawberry farms in that area- especially nearby Plant City. East Bay Raceway has been known for the great strawberry shortcakes at the concession stand. The winner of the strawberry dash gets also gets a case of fresh strawberries!
    Hope this helps a little.

I'm bummed that I don't think I'm going to be able to afford East Bay next year. Was looking at hotels down that way, and with the Super Bowl being in Tampa, hotels are INSANE that week. I saw a Holiday Inn in Ruskin that was charging over 600 per night

Yes the Super Bowl has inflated prices big time for that week. We made our condo reservations before we left this year at the same price- booked/paid for. Some friends usually stay in Brandon but because of the price increase- have moved a little further out in Lakeland for 2021.
    Heck- if all else fails- try renting a motor home for the week & camp!!

If it’s All Tech, I’m out. One Speedweek show there is enough. ...Now if they make it a 1/3 or 1/4 mile track, I’d reconsider.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Hendry County Motorsports Park

I don’t think there will ever really be a replacement, to be honest. I look for them to go elsewhere once East Bay isn’t an option anymore. I’m thinking going west like the WoO is a likely scenario.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

That would mean moving away from speedweeks but I guess it’s possible now that NASCAR continues to crap all over themselves. May not be as much value in it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Hendry County Motorsports Park
    Just watched a video and Hendry County looks like a great track. Maybe a little far south but good thoughts and possibility.

Bayko- I'm guessing the same thing. It'll be a major blow for fans who vacation and or come to the area and areas to the south during the winter.

I wonder though, what venues would be available "out west".
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 05-27-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Hopefully, the Love Sponge gets his act together and Lucas ends up there!

fwiw......that's the time of year strawberries are ripe and are harvested in that area! Theres approx. 30,000 acres grown in that area!

Thanks guys, I've wondered about the strawberries for years, not like every day or anything. Just if I was looking at something from East Bay. I wonder why I never asked before.

Now to figure out how to finally get there after all these years. A week is always gonna be out of the question. I might have to do 2 nights, like I did with Volusia.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

It doesn't matter. Nothing can replace eastbay

Its a magical place for any dirt racer or fan.....I don't ever see it being replaced....only remembered.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Whatever ends up replacing Eastbay won't be the same. It won't be what it once was, and that's no knock on any track that takes its place.