Default hole in fuel bladder

we have a little hole in fuel bladder of xr1 is there a quick fix until we get a new one ? a patch or something

Plastic liner? I wouldn't be able to recommend drilling out the hole to 5/8 and pulling a tire valve through it. From the outside in so it still fits in the can. I can't say i've ever done that or anything.

If it's a crack, I wouldn't even think about epoxy resin made for boat repairs.

Their is a repair kit but it will only work if it's a hole from damage. If it's a white bladder and has had alcohol run in it that is the first of many holes and you need a new bladder. They make one for alcohol witch can be used for all fuels. This usually happens after running Alco than switching to gas

I've used "Seal-All" as a quick fix before. It's in a yellow tube and you should be able to find it at any auto parts store.https://www.autozone.com/sealants-gl...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've seen this too and wonder why they don't use the alcohol bladder in all cars so you can run whatever you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_s86 View Post
    I've used "Seal-All" as a quick fix before. It's in a yellow tube and you should be able to find it at any auto parts store.https://www.autozone.com/sealants-gl...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    I have a small cut in a 3 race nose, I wonder if that will hold?

In my prior agricultural days, a tank manufacture sent a tech out to repair pin holes in some new fert. tanks. It looked like a glue stick, so the tech melted it with a torch and plugged the holes. They never leaked again even with 6,000 lbs of liquid pushing on it!

Seal-All is great stuff for everything from sealing everything from fuel jugs to resticking peeled up graphics edges to a dab on the back side of loosened rivets or bolts. We find new uses for it almost weekly. Just try not to get it on your fingers as it's not the easiest thing to get off unless you like a crust on your fingers for several days.

Quote Originally Posted by 50j View Post
    I've seen this too and wonder why they don't use the alcohol bladder in all cars so you can run whatever you want to.
    Because it's a 800$ option

CHEMSEAL B2 TANK SEALANT CS3204, AircraftSpruce caries it.

https://www.flexsealproducts.com/ (Just Kidding) Torch and a fuel cell bladder...HELL NO!!