Default Brandon Sheppard grabs close win in WoO feature at Davenport

https://insidedirtracing.com/brandon...-at-davenport/

Transponders had to be used to determine the winner

No Thornton won that race very close but Thornton DID win

What a race! Race of the year so far!!!

Good runs for Babb, Unzicker and Feger.

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    No Thornton won that race very close but Thornton DID win
    lol actually, he DID NOT win. The winner gets a trophy and the check for winning.

I have gone back and watched the video of the finish and I believe the reason it looks like Thornton won is because the camera showing the last lap was not actually positioned right on the finish line. The way it looks to me is that the finish line is several yards further down the track. I think at the time they passed the camera Thornton was ahead, but on the top side Sheppard was probably 10-15mph faster and got ahead right at the line.

Kind of like a sprinter sticking his neck out at the last minute to win it.......like Thornton , not a fan of Mark Richards but bshepp won it IMO.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If it's up to woo officials and it's that close who do u think is going to get the win it was very difficult to watch and tell for sure imo thorten won I'm done

Cant believe i missed this one sitting in my favorite seat at the Mississippi valley fair grounds. Just a short drive over the bridge, west down river drive then north to Locust street. This was a truly great race on the small track. Tonight will separate the men from the boys. The challenge....the big and fast half mile. The Kosiskis's, Birky, Mars and Darren Miller have dominated the half mile in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    If it's up to woo officials and it's that close who do u think is going to get the win it was very difficult to watch and tell for sure imo thorten won I'm done
    You need to adjust the antenna on your tin foil hat. Transponders do not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    You need to adjust the antenna on your tin foil hat. Transponders do not lie.
    I saw a transponder lie at Eldora on a preliminary night a few years ago. The crowd booed and the result was changed. I saw a guy win by 2 feet at PRP and "lose" a few years back. That wire isn't always straight across the track or even under the flagstand.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Ricky Weiss is pretty impressive so far. I think he will be up front again tonight. He’s definitely running the best out all the team zero on woo tour

Originally I thought Thornton was going to win it, but that outside groove carried more momentum. It was the angle of the camera that made it look like Thornton won. Either way, it was a hell of a race. Best I've seen on the 1/4 mile. A big shout out to the track prep crew.