Default Illinois Dirt Track Racing Could Be History For 2020

I hope I'm wrong but it's looking more and more like dirt track racing of any kind isn't going to happen in the State of Illinois this summer. I'm glad to see Bob Sargent is the point man on this deal. Sarge has the most credibility and experience in regards to longevity and diversity of events promoted of any promoter in the state which adds to the overall credibility of the coalition.

Judging by the content of this post by the Illinois Motorsports Coalition the whole group is fed up with the bull$hit being handed down by the state government of Illinois. It sounds very suspicious in that the definitions and protocol have changed due to "mistakes" made by some half witted bureaucrat (Michael Negron). Personally I think it was someone from higher up changing the rules and hanging Mr. Negron out to dry to save face!

Illinois/chitcago is such a $hithole!!

I'll post both the Facebook IMC Facebook page web address and for those who don't do Facebook I'll copy and paste the text of the IMC Facebook post.

https://www.facebook.com/ILRace/post...238?__tn__=K-R

We are extremely disappointed with the press release that was distributed to some tracks in the state by DCEO employee Michelle Masoncup late Thursday, May 29, 2020. This e-mail/press release has been shared on multiple social media sites across the state of Illinois. (We will not share the message on this platform as it contains her personal cell phone info).

For more than 4 weeks our member track representative Bob Sargent has been working closely with both the DCEO and Bain Consulting. Throughout that time, motorsports has been labeled as "Outdoor Recreation.' When the state released their Phase III plans, we again received confirmation that we were 'Outdoor Recreation.'

At that time, many tracks moved forward in scheduling 'Participant Only' events that meet all guidelines that were put in place, not by health officials, but by a Commerce Department employee. As recently as Wednesday at 3 p.m., another member track and state Representatives received confirmation by the DCEO, on 3 occasions in an industry call, that events could proceed without spectators. In that call, this same employee stated that tracks fall into the category of 'Outdoor Recreation.'

On Thursday, the DCEO once again changed their categorization of motorsports and now no longer considers us "Outdoor Recreation.' We were shocked considering that all along in this process, our representatives were included in this category. As the press release states, the state employee (Michael Negron) who was conducting this meeting and granted permission to the tracks apparently made a 'mistake.' According to the DCEO, "He meant to say 'testing' and not 'racing." As you can imagine, this has created another negative economic impact to the responsible track operators who were following the guidelines that had been given to them. In addition, many race teams and racing related businesses have been negatively impacted by this 'mistake' and change of rules which has been described as a 'nuisance' to our industry.

Many people have asked, 'What next?'

We are asking the same thing. Each time we try to work within the guidelines and categories the rules change and the goalposts are moved. The purpose of the IMC was to prevent multiple tracks from operating without a set of guidelines that could jeopardize the industry. We wanted to keep everyone together and work with the state to provide a responsible means of keeping our businesses open.

Tracks in Illinois remain closed while just a few miles across the border tracks in Missouri and Wisconsin are running with fans in the stands. In Iowa and Indiana, racing returns in just a matter of days.

We are working closely with SEMA, multiple state lawmakers and other industry professionals to help. Just as we did two weeks ago, we encourage everyone to contact their Illinois State Senators and Representatives to make them aware of what has occurred to your tracks in the last 24 hours. We encourage you to call them IMMEDIATELY.

Again, please emphasize the following:
    1). We are outdoor venues with our smallest venue still measuring more than 1 million square feet.
    2). We are surrounded by states that are allowing, or have already allowed, their tracks to open using the SAME PLAN that was prepared by the Illinois Motorsports Coalition.

We appreciate your support and we are just as disappointed as you are in regards to this matter.
    Last edited by CIRF; 05-30-2020 at 12:02 AM.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Negrons always screwing stuff up.

Well someone needs to send this to Charleston Speedway as they are racing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Well someone needs to send this to Charleston Speedway as they are racing this weekend.
    Good, they have every right to.

It will be cancelled by tonight.

That sucks CIRF. Suits don't know if the sun is up or down.

Late Model Mark

CIRF -

And some people, bust other people’s chops, when they post about Government Overreach. Which this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    That sucks CIRF. Suits don't know if the sun is up or down.

Late Model Mark
    Mark, this kind of ham handed nonsense is routine in the state of chitcago, err, I mean Illinois.

I have no proof and can't back up what I'm saying here with facts but I'd wager 1 green piece of paper with U.S. Grant on it that some higher up state official that weighs 450 lbs. and despises everything south if I-80 got wind of this and put the kibosh on it only because he could!

It's a safe bet that if anyone can get this BS straightened out it's Bob Sargent as point man. He has somewhat closer ties to the state leadership and bureaucracy due in part to him being the promoter of all the state fair races. He's also a solidly respected and time proven businessman. Hopefully, with the help of all the other track owners and promoters, he can find some common ground with the clowns playing their politics in chitcago but in this $hithole state all stupidity is possible.