Default It’s a All Star Race

I absolutely hate Dream week has turned out this way. In my mind I thought we would all be there. Well I was wrong. But be that as it may, it really is about time some sort of dirt late model all star race happened, and happening at the best track there is is the way it should be. I’m looking forward to watching the best of the best go at it. Hope they all run great, top of their games. .......please people, no covid and politics in this thread. Thanks.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Agree, I’ve seen so much complaining about the race and who is and isn’t invited. Someone will always have their feelings hurt but 2020 has been terrible for all of us, let’s just be happy we have what we have and hope we can return to the BIG E soon. Have to make the best out of the situation.

Default Dirt crow

Your buddy CW is banned again so u prolly wont get politics in this thread. Theres a correct section for that.

I agree it is an all star race and the last four a popularly contest. I don’t understand why they didn’t let everyone that wanted to enter or at least let anyone that was at last years dream enter.

JayD, because there are strict regulations in Ohio. It’s not hard to understand.

We already have an all-star race. Every September at Eldora. The Dream is just it’s little brother.

I can 95% agree with that Terry. Except The Stream won’t have those 23 second qualifiers to be there that usually brings out one caution in a heat. Lol
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    Your buddy CW is banned again so u prolly wont get politics in this thread. Theres a correct section for that.
    Poor ol Clayton. In the doghouse again.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

CW is back with different name, Buford Justice.

To park haulers properly spaced in the infield it's limited to 48 cars. Like I said in another thread awhile back. You can have 150 cars and other than a couple surprises you could easily pencil in the 28 car lineup for the feature and be 97% correct. 6-7 would have an actual legitimate chance of winning.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 05-31-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    To park haulers properly spaced in the infield it's limited to 48 cars. Like I said in another thread awhile back. You can have 150 cars and other than a couple surprises you could easily pencil in the 28 car lineup for the feature and be 97% correct. 6-7 would have an actual legitimate chance of winning.
    You make a good point but feelings still get hurt.

Moyer Jr....Why was he invited, does he come as a package deal with his diddie?

My only beef is local/regional guys that have consistently supported the track and its events largely got shafted. Several of them have been track champs. You’d figure at least 1-2 of Henry/Schlenk/Miller/Ruhlman/Rice/Reaume/Gilpin etc. would be rewarded for consistently showing up to events big and small. We all know most of them aren’t winning a popularity contest when the Eckerts and O’Neals are in the mix.

Other than that, should be a cool event.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

I am thankful there is LM racing at all. Whatever Promoters can do it get it going. Kudos to the big E for giving us a show to watch. I have read some real bellyaching about the Eldora Event coming up and I am really confused by those gripping about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I am thankful there is LM racing at all. Whatever Promoters can do it get it going. Kudos to the big E for giving us a show to watch. I have read some real bellyaching about the Eldora Event coming up and I am really confused by those gripping about it.
    Probably because while people are rioting and looting all over the country the primary concern for Dewine is keeping crowds from exercising their right to peacefully gather.

Looting, riots ? No my good man, it's free clothing, tv's, food, and on and on and on. States are starting to open up and race tracks are attempting to do something. Then we have this garbage that you must be aware of traveling in the evening hours. This one isn't going away anytime soon either. Ugly, ugly,ugly.

If they can have 120+ cars at Jackson Ohio, I think they can fit more than 48 in New Weston Ohio... j/s
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Eldora is way higher profile than some of those other places. I imagine they are trying to mind their p's & q's so they may be able to preserve the Kings Royal, Truck Race & World 100. Or at least have some scaled down events where say 50% crowd is allowed. They probably wouldn't pay the World 100 purse at 50% capacity but if they put close to 10k in there that would generate enough money to put on a pretty good race & make a profit.

Also, I say props to them for doing the best they can given the circumstances. Something better than nothing & I know I will be tuned in all 3 nights. This week is hard in not being able to go, but I will appreciate what we do get. Look at it this way, our next trip there is gonna be one hell of a good time.