Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Racing Travel and Safety

I remember a while back when another U.S. riot was going on, I was traveling to a SLM race and went thru a railroad underpass and a large cluster of rocks/dirt busted on the road just in front of me. Thinking there were a rock/dirt slide off of the train tracks, I slowed and looked behind me. To my surprise, there were 3 youths on the tracks wearing hoodies. Now we have covid 19 to deal with, to add to that, we have criminals destroying everything in their path. Traveling for drivers and fans thru these inter cities can get you hurt with auto damage if blocked in by these thugs, even if you exit to get something to eat. Please be aware of what is around you at all times in these times of unrest. Travel safer.

You're unfortunately right. In truth, I checked media outlets to see what the situation looked like in St. Louis before deciding to go to I-55 yesterday, especially since the by-pass (I-255) is closed at I-64.

Always be aware of your surroundings.

Always carry extra ammo

My wife and I were talking about this just today......if you were in a spot where someone was busting through your window and you felt so threatened , would you shoot?
    Would you hit the gas if they were jumping on your car or would you stop and take your chances?

I can't imagine having to shoot and hope I get out, or running over someone doing the same but I really think I would.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Building up to b a civil war

Extra ammo? Check!!!
    Shoot? Check!!!
    Hit the gas? Check!!!

Interestingly enough, this topic came up last night at the race track.

I just hope this dont start shutting down state to state travel. We just got to where we can getting back to the race tracks again in some states. We don't need something else shutting us down 😔

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    My wife and I were talking about this just today......if you were in a spot where someone was busting through your window and you felt so threatened , would you shoot?
    Would you hit the gas if they were jumping on your car or would you stop and take your chances?

I can't imagine having to shoot and hope I get out, or running over someone doing the same but I really think I would.
    My wife was showing me a video, where they tried to stop a Fedex truck driver. He stepped on the gas as one protester got caught by the rear tire and drug a long way!

Im sure he's upset but everyone deserves to get home safely to their family's!Ive told my wife and kids, if you have room to drive, mash the gas! We will deal with the consequences later!

This whole situation is very serious and way out of control and I hope the perpetrators calm the F down sooner than later. I would shoot if I felt threatening but I would hit the gas first and take my chances. Not a decision I want to make for sure. I would try and avoid urban areas of big city's and keep to the outskirts.

Not doing a good job of social distancing lol
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Peoria is getting bad. Widespread looting taking place. Around 30 shots were fired a short time ago.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Come on mods. Get this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) off here. You ban everyone else.

There are some spam that has been on here for several months

My work puts me into several areas that have the possibility of looting. Hoping I get a chance to extinguish some threats.

With all this looting and rioting , people standing all over each other and not social distancing , all of them will be dead in weeks from covid anyway.......I'm using all the knowledge I got from mceinstein and using his models as well to form my theory.

It has to be correct.......right?

Only good thing from the riots is we will see what a joke this pandemic really is.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

6 police officers tested positive for Covid-19 while working the riots in Tampa FL

The people crying "stay home and social distance" sure have been awful quiet the past 5-6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    The people crying "stay home and social distance" sure have been awful quiet the past 5-6 days.
    There is a new story to report on......covid is old news and not near as important for them to report on and blame trump for.

Now all this inequality , it will be trumps fault for sure......until the next story.

I would not want to be in the middle of an angry looting mob for I don't know what I would do. When I took my gun training by a local police dept who said off record, you must not even pull your fire arm out if all possible because that action starts a process. If you point, you must do a police report. If you shoot, get-er-done. A thug will sue you if still alive, or his family will sue you if he is dead, expect to get sued. The Officer said here in Bama, you must try (the way courts look at it) to flee to safety if all possible and not hurt anyone, for most do not understand what stand your ground really means. The use of a gun can get you in serious trouble, that is why I don't travel to races with one yet.......To add, if you shoot, you MUST call 911 and then give CPR on the thug(s).
    Last edited by NorthAlabama; 06-01-2020 at 09:48 PM.