Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I don't think they even have rockets anymore. I'm pretty sure they sold them all after they were all bent last year
    I doubt the Pierce cars are straight either.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I doubt the Pierce cars are straight either.
    Bobby reminds me of an employee my dad and I once had. He was a great worker but would always tear up equipment even when it was new and cost 20-30k.

My dad would look at him and say, "son, you would tear up a Sherman tank with a feather"!lol

Spend $60k to win a $50k race

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Bingo... He may be talking like a grown up but he's still not all grown up behind the wheel. Yeah drive hard but drive smart... Maybe he'll get it someday?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    So is the car junk or just sheet metal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Rr quarter panel deck and spoiler are destroyed. Really just sheet metal
    Ok that's what I thought. Quite the difference between sheet metal damage and car being destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I don't see how the rear clip couldn't have moved.
    So, you don't really know but, that's what your thinking might have happened. I haven't seen the race so, that's why I was asking.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    So, you don't really know but, that's what your thinking might have happened. I haven't seen the race so, that's why I was asking.
    Yes, my statement is one of opinion and was expressed as such.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Pierce doesn't need to grow up behind the wheel!!!! That is nonsense.

Sorry to disappoint, but Bobby’s car wasn’t damaged at all, aside from the sheet metal. It’s amazing to see a young guy drive his ass off like that and get hated on because of some bent sheet metal. I can remember when everyone loved this kind of racing. Fans must be getting soft.

Sorry to disappoint, but Bobby’s car wasn’t damaged at all, aside from the sheet metal. It’s amazing to see a young guy drive his ass off like that and get hated on because of some bent sheet metal. I can remember when everyone loved this kind of racing. Fans must be getting soft.

Not it all scooter!

Some on here work on these things. That's a lot of time and money he just wasted. May have won 50k if he woulda kept his head on straight!

Time and money? They added some extra angle iron on the RR, to protect the spoiler. That’s it. And it did it’s job. There wasn’t much cushion left after the B mains, so Bobby knew he was going to use up what was left in the feature. It went exactly as they’d planned. He just came up one spot short. The only damage was sheet metal and one spoiler bar, but hey lets trash the kid and pretend he destroyed the car lol. I guess when your guy is no longer relevant, you have to resort to tearing down other drivers.

Wasn’t so much of a slider as a fencing. In the interview Bobby said he lost the air off the nose and washed up into Strickler. It kind of looked that was from the video because he lost momentum and washed up. Either way, Strickler got shafted and probably feels like he owes Bobby one.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 06-07-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

When Kyle sees the replay, he’ll see there was nothing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Yes, my statement is one of opinion and was expressed as such.
    I just watch the replay on DoD and I see what you mean but, it might look worse than what it really is. We will know before the next race if the car was hurt or just cosmetic.

Even if they had to put a rear clip on it, it doesn't cost that much. You guys saying he destroyed a $50-$60k car have no clue. You so called race fans seem to look for an excuse to rag on the guy instead of enjoying the show he put on. If I read correctly, he pays the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    Even if they had to put a rear clip on it, it doesn't cost that much. You guys saying he destroyed a $50-$60k car have no clue. You so called race fans seem to look for an excuse to rag on the guy instead of enjoying the show he put on. If I read correctly, he pays the bills.
    Almost no one who races on that level pays the bills. Bobby included. I don't think anyone said a rear clip was a junked car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Pierce doesn't need to grow up behind the wheel!!!! That is nonsense.
    Yes sir! But nevermind, apparently you don't understand that concept. Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    You must be forgetting the parts that go with it. I just spent almost 4,000 at Rocket. Not counting my 24hrs of driving time, motel, food, and vehicle expenses! And once I get home another 1,000 to get it stripped and re-powder coated!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    You must be forgetting the parts that go with it. I just spent almost 4,000 at Rocket. Not counting my 24hrs of driving time, motel, food, and vehicle expenses! And once I get home another 1,000 to get it stripped and re-powder coated!
    You must he forgetting his dad can fix it right at home. No travel or other expenses you talk about. Your not really comparing apples to apples.