Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Bloomer. Struggling.

I’m not a fan of his at all, but hope this thread stays on topic. Save the hate for another time. ...Will the old bloomer be back? Or has the injuries done more damage to his driving ability than he’s letting on. You know Madden and his car is pretty much the same. Madden up front, bloomer in the back or out of the feature. What ya think?
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

You straight up can’t beat father time and the motorcycle crash has accelerated that curve.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Car bottomed out in hotlaps and knocked the belt off causing it to overheat.

He was 6 tenths off in Qualifying, the track fall off that much? (duration)

Not even in the picture in the heat race, still having motor issues? or is he down on power all together?

He says he is feeling good now, but it sure don't show it in his performances lately.

The age and injury argument is valid, but i still dont buy it, something is up...

Just say no...

Father time will always be undefeated.

Bloomer will be fine. He is one hell of a great chassis builder and his brand is long and strong. His marketing skills are just as good as his car building/driving skills.

Car looked terrible in qualifying was pushing bad. Saturday will be the real judge of if he is really in trouble.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Bloomquist is one of the best but when you have a hip replacement and his age imagine riding in that car and driving it after his hip replacement it's got to be very difficult that is why he is running at the front

All teams go thru slumps.....except the Blue 1. That's what makes them the best team in the sport. Even before the motorcycle accident in Florida, he was struggling with consistency until Madden came on board and caught fire. I've always been a Bloomer fan and am just enjoying watching him compete while he still is behind the wheel. Any good finish or win is just a bonus.

Agree father time is a factor but i feel he can still wheel a car and set it up im wanting to see a engine change for him and madden.......Custom isnt gonna get it done at that level

After an injury like that your body can "feel ok" but it may not respond properly for a while. He may just need more time to properly heal.

Maypop Racing Engines

Just curious- why do you feel that Custom Engines can’t get the job done?
    Thanks in advance.

One thing i will agree with, is the #1 car is consistent, car is always fast and free.

Madden, Babb or Weiss hasn't looked real good IMHO, Madden ran pretty well, but was not a contender. Car looks off, tight-ish on entry or lazy to rotate. Maybe its a chassis thing, just doesn't look right.

Bloomquist, only seen him run a couple this year on the telecasts, but he is off big time, put it in the wall one WoO race, pretty much on his own. Always dead tight.

Custom builds a solid piece IMHO, he has the HP, at least it appears too, maybe the power band is off or something.
    Last edited by Kromulous; 06-05-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Just say no...

Here is an outside thought, Cody Mallory (Sp?) left Bloomer and went to Owens, Owens is now running well, any coincidence there?

Just say no...

I will say once again with complete confidence that Bloomer will never be the man to beat again. He should be able at some point to run better than he has, but his time at the top is over. Not a fan, never have been but his record in LM racing is second to none. But at his age, wear and tare on his body is just not going to allow that to happen even if he gets his car to return to what it was late last year when Madden was ruling the roost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Here is an outside thought, Cody Mallory (Sp?) left Bloomer and went to Owens, Owens is now running well, any coincidence there?
    Randy Sweet died. Bloomer is slow. Coincidence?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I think Cody has helped Jimmy tremendously! He is a wealth of knowledge and a hard worker- but carries some bad baggage. He didn’t leave Scott by choice- that was Cody Sumners doing. Hopefully Cody M. Has learned a few lessons and will do better as a person?

He's just testing...right plunks7?

I am a Bloomer fan, and I also believe ( whats already been said) Father time is really working on him, and he will never be what he once was, as far as Dirt Tracking Racing goes !

Default Bloomer

Are they using the droop rule at Eldora? I have not seen Bloomer run too well when the droop rule is in effect.