Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maypop racing engines View Post
    foxfire........i know madden had the custom last year when he won them races. both them cars just dont look like they got any speed maybe its not the issue jmo.....Custom in my opinion fell off the map as far as being a 'touring engine builder' i just think there gonna be reliable old school engine just not gonna make the power like clements durham vic hill guys that change engine combos all the time to see what makes the most power
    It isn't all about power. I've seen old SB2 engines beat out Lucas guys in qualifying this very season.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I always thought Bloomer runs more of a (level in appearance) chassis set up. I have not seen him run in person in a few years though.
    In the last couple years, he’s become more aware of the benefits of having the spiller way up in the air, so much so that droop rules have thrown them for a loop.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

i agree mastersbilt...........but kinda like mastersbilt they fell off the map for few years rejoined lucas this year and are out to lunch. years of zero feedback from big teams on what works and what dont,i think thats customs issue also

That makes sense then. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDraceHD98 View Post
    He's just testing...right plunks7?
    I am a huge fan of bloomer. But it sure shows how much he is dropping off. Not sure what to think, testing is getting old. I guess I have it coming after all the years of cheering for him.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    I am a huge fan of bloomer. But it sure shows how much he is dropping off. Not sure what to think, testing is getting old. I guess I have it coming after all the years of cheering for him.
    I have been a fan of Bloomquist since 1993 (Tennessee Dirt Track Championship), and have seen him run from Eldora, to Dixie Speedway and most tracks in between. For the last 25-30 years, he's been the dominate car in nearly every series he's ran, and has accumulated more major wins at Eldora than anyone, by far. (8 Dreams 4 Worlds) Even in his 'down' years, I have always used Eldora as the benchmark, because no matter what kind of season he's been having, (even the 2018 Dream....drug test, fall, shoulder?) he has always risen to the top there.
    So this week's performance in conjunction with the last 2 years has made me think that his time of being a guy to beat week in and week out are forever over. Yeah, he'll win more, maybe even some big shows, or get on some streaks, but if he wins even 20 more races in his career I'll be shocked, (and happy to be wrong)

He seems to be just "tinkering" with things. Gotta figure he'll be good win it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by BirkyTime15B View Post
    He seems to be just "tinkering" with things. Gotta figure he'll be good win it counts.
    In the past i would 100 percent agree, but with the way they do these "every lap counts" weekends, the first 2 nights are too important to risk not getting into the show on Saturday.

Just a guess, but I thought he mentioned building a new jig at his shop after Randy Sweet passed. I'm guessing he is running a car off the new jig while the others have the old style frame.

That makes sense, but still, you'd think they wouldnt be THAT far off. From the results, he's not even been in the ballpark. Unless he's willing to give up the chance at 60k, to get it right for rest of the season.

I think tonight will tell a lot. Scott is always best when there is money on the line, this will be the highest paying race we have had all year. If he don't make the show, or runs in the back if he makes it in, I think it's time for the 0 fans to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I think tonight will tell a lot. Scott is always best when there is money on the line, this will be the highest paying race we have had all year. If he don't make the show, or runs in the back if he makes it in, I think it's time for the 0 fans to worry.
    Yep it will. Like I said Eldora is my benchmark, since he's so good there.
    Starting 10th in his heat..has his work cut out for him.
    If he manages to win, I'll be gladly wrong and very happy

Nothing wrong with being a die hard fan. I am not a fan at all. However, the big E is where Bloomer dominates. He has never been this far off for more than a night in big race weekends. There is no way he is going to rebound this time. He may make the show, but even that is doubtful IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Nothing wrong with being a die hard fan. I am not a fan at all. However, the big E is where Bloomer dominates. He has never been this far off for more than a night in big race weekends. There is no way he is going to rebound this time. He may make the show, but even that is doubtful IMO
    Like I said, I'd love to be wrong, but I think you're right. digging such a hole will be nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    as long as he makes it in, he will be a threat to win, alot of big e races that where won from the rear of the field,
    not sure he can win it or not but without a doubt it can be done from the rear

He was way off at the '16 Dream. Didnt come close to making the feature, then had tiregate on top of that.

He will get in

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    He will get in
    Wanna bet?

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    He will get in
    This aged well...

Last in his B-main. Weiss is fast, Madden is fast. How the mighty have tumbled. I mean he's not even competitive.