Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

not a big fan respect his great record though
    I kinda feel for the guy a shame to see this and I know it's not the car they certainly built great cars

I only started following DLM racing in the US ten years ago, but I'm glad I got to see Bloomquist at the end of his dominance. He had a long run. I'll always respect a man who builds and owns his own gear and wins. Those guys are less and less in all forms of racing.

I would be interested to hear Bloomers take on all of this. It was like he wasn't even there this weekend. Having car issues is one thing, but I don't think he could claim that. From what I have seen of him for the last 30 yrs. This is a head scratcher. I have never known him to enter events with this type of performance three straight races. Plus being at one of his best tracks. If he makes any comments on this, hope someone on here will let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I would be interested to hear Bloomers take on all of this. It was like he wasn't even there this weekend. Having car issues is one thing, but I don't think he could claim that. From what I have seen of him for the last 30 yrs. This is a head scratcher. I have never known him to enter events with this type of performance three straight races. Plus being at one of his best tracks. If he makes any comments on this, hope someone on here will let us know.
    You are Exactly correct TS FAN

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

I personally don't think he's 100% back from his leg injury yet, a few weeks back at Jackson I noticed he still had quite a limp to him and being 71 myself I know all about that from all the wear and tear on a man's legs over the years, and God knows all the races he's competed in. But every time people think he's over the hill, he comes back strong as hell so I've learned over the years to never count Scott out. He'll be back, if not, he's got quite the empire to fall back on with his cars
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 06-07-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    Light My Fire / Doors
    Rooster / Alice in Chains
    Don't You Forget About Me / Simple Minds

I'm betting he is working on the development of the new chassis. All the others are still running the tried and true and he is running one of the new jig in Mooresburg. After Vado then Florida just after hip replacement, his points season was pretty much over anyway so why not r&d the rest of the year and try to have a better mousetrap starting 2021?

They say behind every great man there stands a great woman. With that being said, I think this started last year when things started going sour with Katrina. You can say what you want but she help hold this family in some peoples eyes together. So I believe father time then Randy Sweet then DIVORCE and finally the accident have all taken away the edge he once had. Its over, his time has come and gone. The GOAT is out to pasture !

Default 😎

Quote Originally Posted by useddirt View Post
    They say behind every great man there stands a great woman. With that being said, I think this started last year when things started going sour with Katrina. You can say what you want but she help hold this family in some peoples eyes together. So I believe father time then Randy Sweet then DIVORCE and finally the accident have all taken away the edge he once had. Its over, his time has come and gone. The GOAT is out to pasture !
    I'm just gonna save this post for later...

Rapidruss, you just keep thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMagic1619* View Post
    I personally don't think he's 100% back from his leg injury yet, a few weeks back at Jackson I noticed he still had quite a limp to him and being 71 myself I know all about that from all the wear and tear on a man's legs over the years, and God knows all the races he's competed in. But every time people think he's over the hill, he comes back strong as hell so I've learned over the years to never count Scott out. He'll be back, if not, he's got quite the empire to fall back on with his cars
    If he doesn’t take a break, he’s never gonna heal

I dont know how anyone can say any of the Team Zero cars were "Fast" Madden didnt get to race in the big show so we will never know. But 9th and 10th in the A main is not fast.

Bloomquist looks lost, i cant tell if he is down on power or what. Car was bottoming out bad Saturday during qualifying.

Interesting to hear Davenport comment on the Droop rule, i think this is having some big impact on Bloomquist as well.

Just say no...

it's not just the droop rule. He's alot further of the pace than that and McDowell,wies and babb are doing just fine with it. I think it's his injuries and personal life witch i make no claim to know anything about but if you're head isn't in the right place and you're body isn't right either its near impossible to be competitive at that level. But he will get it turned around

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

If he doesn’t take a break, he’s never gonna heal

Well friend, I would like to see you say that to him 'cause then it would be a question of how many swear words could be said in one sentence by him. Scott from all I know about him over 40 years is a stubborn, bullheaded, wild son of a sh*tkicker. Every thing he does is scrutinized not only on 4m but throughout the racing world. He's 56 years old, and of course our bodies don't heal near as fast as they once did, and I should know, I had to give up kayaking 'cause of my recent surgery and that about killed me to give that up, I could see Scott not wanting to give up racing to take a break, its something he might have to live with the rest of his life.

I made the observation about his recent surgery when I saw him walking up to pick a redraw number at Jackson and then it was really noticeable ( his distinctive limp ) afterwards as he was walking away. Those of you on 4m I believe should know better than to give up on him, I personally think he has one more good run in him, and that will make all DLM fans happy once again whether you like him or not, he's still the GOAT !
    Light My Fire / Doors
    Rooster / Alice in Chains
    Don't You Forget About Me / Simple Minds

Kroumulous

4 of top 7 in Saturday’s feature were bloomer Chasis.
    You said he was bottoming out bad Saturday in qualifying- there was NO qualifying on Saturday- just hot laps and straight to the 4 heat races.

At his age, he’s never going to heal completely. He’s gotta get used to his new new normal.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I may of got that turned around then, Friday nights qualifying, and a non factor in the hear races... I was tuning in and out all 4 nights. What i seen was a 16.8 i think and qualified 44th or something, it was horrible.

Just say no...

Yes he was terrible all 3 days- he was a lost ball in high weeds!

I didn’t know he also had the issues going on at home. That would be a tough recipe for any of us to cook all in the same meal.

New to the forum but deep in the sport here. I think Scotts injury forced him to miss keeping up with the times. The time off last year dis major damage at keepi g up with the speed. He was more focused on avoiding the rough spots and getting the car across the bumps smoothly because of the pain. He will never dominate again but we all have to agree the man will find a way to win a few more. Time for the retirement party really. Cody calls the shots now and Scott has to follow the mans directions from a business point of view. Scott has to find a way to sell hundreds of cars soon to support himself and family. Thats my opinion

Excuses excuses excuses