Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Davenport, Struggling...

Whats going on with Dport, car still looks slow, no speed, not like the past couple of years at Eldora!

Mentioned in the tech section a few weeks ago, still looks the same, not good.

Just say no...

rumley not helping

Yeah, Rumley isn’t around full time anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Whats going on with Dport, car still looks slow, no speed, not like the past couple of years at Eldora!Mentioned in the tech section a few weeks ago, still looks the same, not good.
    Looked fine at East Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Whats going on with Dport, car still looks slow, no speed, not like the past couple of years at Eldora!

Mentioned in the tech section a few weeks ago, still looks the same, not good.
    Atleast Davenport can make races... lol

Interview there this weekend said the droop rule is having a big impact on them.

A major Team like Davenports, anything other than winning is slow. You guys and this podium finish crap crack me up, the everyone gets a trophy theory has done permeated SLM racing. Guys like Davenport want to WIN, 2nd sucks !

I'm sure thou, they will get it figured out. T mac and that Longhorn looks like they are already working on the rear of the Car. Anyone notice this stance of T macs car?

Just say no...

Rumley wasn't there last year either.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Rumley wasn't there last year either.
    He was around way more often last year.

I am no where near the Davenport camp, but it appears to me that they are too focused on re-living the "device" period of time and making sure they get the LR hiked up rather than focusing on what makes the car go fast. I've also felt like Bloomer has struggled with this too. I'm with CJ I think if someone were to focus on a swingarm car I think there's a lot of speed, especially straightaway speed being left on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by roughride View Post
    I am no where near the Davenport camp, but it appears to me that they are too focused on re-living the "device" period of time and making sure they get the LR hiked up rather than focusing on what makes the car go fast. I've also felt like Bloomer has struggled with this too. I'm with CJ I think if someone were to focus on a swingarm car I think there's a lot of speed, especially straightaway speed being left on the table.
    Corner speed wins races.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    He was around way more often last year.
    I wasn't around them week to week, but he wasn't employed by team 49.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Davenport will be kicking ass for many years. This little slump will be little.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I wasn't around them week to week, but he wasn't employed by team 49.
    He was considered a consultant.

one of the probb that is hurting a lot of the big names is info isn't guarded like it use to be .a driver could hit on something and keep it a long time before it got out.. now you have consultants,shock pimps yes they sell you like like a cheap ho,chassis builders that help and give lots of info out to there chassis customers,crew chiefs friends with other drivers and teams help each other out ,texting has a lot to do with it years back this didn't exsist,face book too u can be online talking and share info,,,heck I come from the era when you had to wait til thurs,friday when the racing newspaper came to see who won...its kinda like what steve f. said he came up and learned from trial and error for his speed and you didn't tell no one. now if you have enough money you go buy speed you don't earn it the hard way....if you have the mentality that you you don't want to talk to others you get left behind now cause drivers all talk around about setups an if your that driver that has a lot of pride and don't talk around and reach out for help chances are your not gonna run good nowdays...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    He was considered a consultant.
    Whatever that means. He was with 39, just like this year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    one of the probb that is hurting a lot of the big names is info isn't guarded like it use to be .a driver could hit on something and keep it a long time before it got out.. now you have consultants,shock pimps yes they sell you like like a cheap ho,chassis builders that help and give lots of info out to there chassis customers,crew chiefs friends with other drivers and teams help each other out ,texting has a lot to do with it years back this didn't exsist,face book too u can be online talking and share info,,,heck I come from the era when you had to wait til thurs,friday when the racing newspaper came to see who won...its kinda like what steve f. said he came up and learned from trial and error for his speed and you didn't tell no one. now if you have enough money you go buy speed you don't earn it the hard way....if you have the mentality that you you don't want to talk to others you get left behind now cause drivers all talk around about setups an if your that driver that has a lot of pride and don't talk around and reach out for help chances are your not gonna run good nowdays...
    TrueI heard an interview with Scott (Dave Despain interviewed him) years ago. He was talking about the work required to do well. He said he got beat a few times and was up under the car one night trying to figure out the suspension. He fell asleep under the car and woke up around 5 am and he figured something out (he said that one thing lasted 6 years before it got out)

don't we all wish we knew what we know now 15 years ago... on setups...

I thought Kevin Rumley works for Bilstein.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    I thought Kevin Rumley works for Bilstein.
    He does and he works on the 39 & 6 car. He also spends time at longhorn.

And if you want to run Bilstein Shocks he'll help you out also. Some guys are just bull headed because in today's world of SLM racing you, if you have the abilities, can go buy a chassis and copy it. Look at stuckley, that car is garbage yet EPJ keeps struggling and stuckley keeps thinking he has the answer. Ahh, no, you don't. Your chassis is junk.