Thread: Front stagger?

Default Front stagger?

After scanning through my old CP Furney book, he stated front stagger should be a minimum of 1 5/8'!

So I crunched some numbers and 1" of stagger only raises the pin height .16". With weight transfer its surely less than that, plus you've lost a fair amount of wedge!

With that being said, what are we missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    After scanning through my old CP Furney book, he stated front stagger should be a minimum of 1 5/8'!

So I crunched some numbers and 1" of stagger only raises the pin height .16". With weight transfer its surely less than that, plus you've lost a fair amount of wedge!

With that being said, what are we missing?
    The only effects are tire spring rate, static wedge, and deceleration inertia.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

He also mentions, when the 2 fronts equal in size under loads, they produce unwanted harmonics! Anyone got any info on that?

Before some of you claim he's a quack, he's a mechanical engineer holding several patents through Alcoa!

I made a comment about Bloomquist last year at Voulsia, when he was fast LOL, in a qualifier at least. He was running a 88 on the LF, that tire had to be 8 to 10" smaller than than the RF, and probably that much smaller than the LR.

I also noticed that it took 3 guys to compress the LR down, to get the tire on the LR, the car had so much droop in it, that the rotor and hub was about 3" off the ground while on the lift. i would be willing to bet that he had 400 to 500 lbs of wedge in that car at ride height.

Interests me when you said loses a fair amount of wedge? How so?

Just say no...