FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 6, 2020

Payton Looney Rocks to Rockabilly 45 Triumph at I-30 Speedway

Little Rock, Arkansas (06/06/20) – Call it number two for Payton Looney. The Missouri racer led all 45 laps of Saturday night’s 10th annual Rockabilly 45 at I-30 Speedway to pick up the second COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) Super Late Model victory of his career.

The win was worth $5,000.

“Man we struggled horribly last night (at Texarkana 67 Speedway). I’m just no good at those type of racetracks like 67 was in Texarkana, and we kinda worked on the car a little bit. Special thanks to Marshall Green at Capital Race Cars,” said Looney. “The racetrack really cleaned up through the top, middle. I knew I was alright just as long as I hit my marks. The race car was great.”

Mark Martin Automotive Fast Qualifier and Integra Shocks and Springs Heat Race No. 1 winner, Jon Mitchell started in the New Vision Graphics Pole Position for the 45-lap affair. He was joined on the front row by Looney, and it was Looney who grabbed the lead as the race went green.

Mitchell ran second during the early laps before mechanical woes forced him pit side. Looney went relatively unchallenged throughout the remainder of the event to register the win. Logan Martin finished second while Midwest Sheet Metal Rookie of the Year point leader, Spencer Hughes rounded out the podium. Kyle Beard rallied from the 10th-starting spot to finish fourth with Brian Rickman charging from 15th to the fifth position at the checkered flag.

The CCSDS contingent will now enjoy an off weekend before rolling into Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) on June 18-20 for the annual General Tire Clash at the Mag presented by Big River Steel. The weekend will be co-sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, and is highlighted by $5,000-to-win programs on both Thursday and Friday night, while Saturday’s finale includes a $20,000-to-win finale.

For more information on the mega weekend, please visit www.MagnoliaDirt.com .

The COMP Cams Super Dirt Series presented by Lucas Oil is sponsored by and would like to thank all of their sponsors including- COMP Cams, Lucas Oil, Pannell Chipping, VP Racing Fuels, Mark Martin Automotive, Keyser Manufacturing, P&W Sales, Allen Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, New Vision Graphics, Rocket Chassis, Midwest Sheet Metal, DirtOnDirt.com, Black Diamond Chassis, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Midwest Automation, Hoosier Race Tires, Bennings Heating & Air, Smiley’s Racing Products, Dixon Road U-Pull-It, Bad Boy Mowers, Beach Veterinarian Services, Air Power Consultants, Schoenfeld Headers, Hooker Harness, MI Truck Center, ASC Warranty, Quickcar Racing Products, Taylor Electric, M&M Paint, Horns Outdoors, Mid-State Golf Cars LLC, Delta Thunder Motorsports, Elia’s Mexican Grill, Advanced Powder Coating, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series presented by Lucas Oil, please visit www.COMPDirt.com .

COMP Cams Super Dirt Series – June 6, 2020
I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas)

Feature Finish
1)Payton Looney 2)Logan Martin 3)Spencer Hughes 4)Kyle Beard 5)Brian Rickman 6)Joe Godsey 7)Jesse Stovall 8)Rick Rickman 9)Drew Armstrong 10)Morgan Bagley 11)Robert Baker 12)Hunter Rasdon 13)Timothy Culp 14)Neil Baggett 15)Scott Crigler 16)Chandler Petty 17)B.J. Robinson 18)Steve Stultz 19)David Payne 20)Tommy Surrett 21)Kaeden Cornell 22)Jon Mitchell

DNS: Cole Farmer, Chad Mallett, Terry Henson, Derrick Nichols, Mike Palasini Jr., Ross Farmer, Wesley Wise, Jerrell Harper, Jon Driskell, Joseph Long, Richard Sanders

Entries: 33
Group A Fast Qualifier (and Overall): Jon Mitchell (14.379 seconds)
Group B Fast Qualifier: Payton Looney (14.388 seconds)
Integra Shocks & Springs Heat Race #1 Winner: Jon Mitchell
P&W Sales Heat Race #2 Winner: Logan Martin
VP Racing Fuels Heat Race #3 Winner: Payton Looney
Midwest Sheet Metal Heat Race #4 Winner: Spencer Hughes
New Vision Graphics Pole Sitter: Jon Mitchell
Keyser Manufacturing B-Main #1 Winner: Timothy Culp
Dixon Road U-Pull-It B-Main #2 Winner: Robert Baker
COMP Cams Top Performer: Payton Looney
Lap Leaders: Payton Looney (1-45)

Contingency Awards
Mark Martin Fast Qualifier Award ($100): Jon Mitchell
Midwest Sheet Metal Marked Man Award ($50): Jesse Stovall