Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default IL tracks bickering

Tammy from Tri-City had a Facebook live this morning and she talks about the bickering going on among the IL tracks that have opened/not opened. If you have 30 minutes its a worthwhile listen, she is very professional throughout.
    Last edited by LM1M; 06-09-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Haven't seen the vid yet. Will look later. Was actually coming here to post re: Illinois tracks. I noticed that the drag strip in Madison is having an event with 20% capacity attendance this coming Saturday. They are following the guidelines the IL Motorsports Coalition established. Also, Fayette County is running with fans Friday night (mods $2k to win). Wonder if the tracks have just decided to go it alone or they are all getting ready to at least have a small scale opening.

I saw something yesterday (facebook maybe), intimating that Macon & Lincoln may have a race this coming weekend. Sargent has been one of the leaders of the coalition which makes me wonder if all the tracks are getting ready to move ahead on it.

Many northern Illinoisans are going up to Wisconsin (including myself. Wilmot, Darlington, Slinger...). Illinois and the other states not running by now may not open this year at all, at this point.

I've been to Pevely 3 times in last month to watch races. Went to $5k late model show, outlaw sprints & USAC last night. Makes for some late nights but at least getting my fix.

Thumbs up

Yesterday Fayette County Speedway posted on their Facebook page about Tammy Gundaker supposedly with an issue over Fayette county and something to do with opening up.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 06-08-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Charleston Speedway has been racing the last few weeks. Not sure if them not having a liquor license matters or not as this track doesnt have one.

Spoon River just posted on facebook they are going to run this Saturday. Admission limited to 500 first come first served.

Call it a protest and there's no limit on the crowd.

Just post a sign calling it a protest. Then your all good to go.

Just announced. Lincoln running this Friday. Macon Saturday and Tri city on 6/19.

Peoria now opening Saturday.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Default You stole my thunder. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Peoria now opening Saturday.
    Was just coming to update with Peoria opening as well. Gonna guess FALS and Farmer city will go by the following week. Jacksonville is gonna be tough cause they have a small seating capacity.

Congrats to all of you living in Illinois on getting it cranked back up.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Will The Hell Tour fire up next week? Haven't heard anything.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Will The Hell Tour fire up next week? Haven't heard anything.
    Sam announced last week that it would be delayed at least a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    Spoon River just posted on facebook they are going to run this Saturday. Admission limited to 500 first come first served.
    situation like this is where a REVOLUTION can be DONE an ACCOMPLISHED!!!! only chance a some TYPE of a PEACEFUL ONE!! but naa people wouldnt be man woman eough be like hell with that cap off of 500!!! Load up the cars/trucks an GO.... BE FREE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousNate View Post
    situation like this is where a REVOLUTION can be DONE an ACCOMPLISHED!!!! only chance a some TYPE of a PEACEFUL ONE!! but naa people wouldnt be man woman eough be like hell with that cap off of 500!!! Load up the cars/trucks an GO.... BE FREE!!!!!
    I don’t know which post is worse, this one or the Asian spam post.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Yesterday Fayette County Speedway posted on their Facebook page about Tammy Gundaker supposedly with an issue over Fayette county and something to do with opening up.
    Tammy needs to shut up.

Ok, what does a liquor license have to do with re-opening?

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Ok, what does a liquor license have to do with re-opening?
    It's an easy revenue stream at a racetrack.Consider that a case of beer is usually paid for at a racetrack or bar in less than a third of the quantity ordered, and hard liquor paid for in ~ 3 or 4 pours of a fifth, and the rest of that is profit or use for other expenses.