Default Looks like Fairbury may open June 20.

I just checked DoD's live event page, and the opening night of the FALS cup is at the top of the page. $3000 to win.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Nothing has been announced about opening the 20th.
    Curl isn't getting the full support he needs insurance wise (due to this COVID stuff) to start racing yet.
    They better figure it out soon, though.
    Spoon River, Peoria, and Tr-City are racin WITH fans!
    Plus, the PDC is sneaking up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Nothing has been announced about opening the 20th.Curl isn't getting the full support he needs insurance wise (due to this COVID stuff) to start racing yet.They better figure it out soon, though. Spoon River, Peoria, and Tr-City are racin WITH fans!Plus, the PDC is sneaking up on them.
    So that’s the holdup, is Farmer City in the same situation?

If figured that was the other part of the deal. Id also assume both tracks get federal funding/state funding for them hosting the county fairs and with it being fair grounds they would lose that money if they started before they were allowed to.

I am surprised the dictator aka Gov of Illinois is allowing any racing or fans.

The Fairbury Fair isn't a county fair. The Livingston County Fair is in Pontiac. Not really sure whether the Fairbury Fair/fairgrounds gets taxpayer money or not. I'm sure one of the many FALS' experts here knows. DeWitt County, in which Farmer City is located, actually has two county fairs. One in Clinton and one in Farmer City but the one in Clinton is the actual DeWitt County 4H fair. There again, it's unclear if the fairgrounds containing Farmer City Raceway receives taxpayer funds or not. That could be a bit of a game changer for both facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I am surprised the dictator aka Gov of Illinois is allowing any racing or fans.
    Unfortunately, my guess is one of two things will happen:
    1.) Things will get shut down before the races can happen.
    2.)If they do race, things will get ugly for the tracks/racing shortly thereafter.
    Guvnah Jelly does not like to be disobeyed.

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    Guvnah Jelly does not like to be disobeyed.
    The only thing governor crooked fat-bastard likes less than being disobeyed is the area of Illinois west of I-39 and south of I-80 and most of us who live there. I really believe the fat, crooked c0ck roach would be happy if every race track in the state used for auto racing disappeared.

I know that tri-city is opening on June 19th with guidelines and a certain amount of spectators but at least they are opening

Im sure they have a reason why on not opening. But yeah i forget Pontiac has the county fair. But Fairbury has one of the oldest fairs around so im sure they get some funding from it. And im sure alot of the insurance companies will step in on the tracks racing unfortunately. And with the Governor Tri city may plan on running but the governor could step in and over ride that or to any track. Im hoping for some racing as im planning to attend a few this weekend but will see what happens.

The mayor of Orland Park, which is located between Joliet and chitcago, is none too happy with governor crooked fat-bastard. We need more people like this mayor to step up and say what needs to be said. He points out every morsel of idiocy governor crooked fat-bastard has forced upon the people of Illinois. I'm betting this mayor won't be getting any Christmas cards from fat-bastard.

https://wirepoints.org/blistering-ma...29X7HeHxARUBE0

Check out this photo of governor fat-bastard standing shoulder to shoulder in a big crowd of rioter/protesters. What an f-ing hypocrite! He's the only person I can think of that is a bigger hypocrite than Tony Stewart, both literally and figuratively! LOL!

I think there must have been some movement behind the scenes either at the county level or from the state to allow racing to begin. Several tracks that are opening were prominent in the coalition that was formed including Gateway's drag strip which is also allowing spectators this weekend up to a limited capacity.

I doubt they all decided to go it alone at the same time. Not sure why Fairbury and Farmer City aren't going this weekend unless they want to give others a chance to get off the ground first or other complications. Not surprised about Jacksonville as their facility size really limits them in a limited capacity environment.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    Not surprised about Jacksonville as their facility size really limits them in a limited capacity environment.
    crf, in one of his posts on another board Kenny Dobson of Jacksonville expressed the problems he would have with limitations of 20% to 50% spectator capacity. However, he also expressed his willingness to go forward with an event even if it meant breaking even or even losing a little money just to get the ball rolling and show his good faith. Luckily for Kenny his primary source of personal income isn't derived from his promotional endeavors. That may not be the case for the promoter at Fairbury. If my assumptions are correct it's imperative that the Fairbury promoter turn a profit on his scheduled events and that may not be possible with severely limited spectator admittance and no internet PPV. As I said, that's just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    Not sure why Fairbury and Farmer City aren't going this weekend unless they want to give others a chance to get off the ground first or other complications. Not surprised about Jacksonville as their facility size really limits them in a limited capacity environment.
    See post number two, not sure if that is accurate but seems to make sense why they’re not racing this weekend.

Just love the job moderators are doing

Just posted on FALS Facebook page:

OPENING NIGHT @ FALS

SATURDAY JUNE 20TH
    $3,000 TO WIN LATE MODELS, $2,000 TO WIN MODIFIEDS, PLUS SPORTSMAN, STREET STOCKS, & HOBBY MODS.

GENERAL ADMISSION $10.00
    Kids 12 & Under Free w/paid Adult
    PIT PASSES $30.00
    Kids Pit Passes $20.00
    Gates Open at 2pm
    Drivers Meeting 5:30pm
    Hot Laps 5:45pm
    Racing at 7pm

As a special treat, DirtonDirt.com will be broadcasting the entire nights events. All divisions under the camera!

Special Thanks to Fairbury Fastener & Supply, Daiken, and Popejoy Inc. for all their support of the FALS Cup!

Camping will open back up Friday June 19th at 12pm
    Fan Limit will not be an issue for opening night, All fans welcome!

Stay tuned for all the information on our website late today at www.fairburyspeedway.com
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Curl got through the logistics he need to
    Very good news and at least gives us some hope for 2020 PDC!

Will be interesting g to see how many cars show up at fairbury next week. It wouldn’t surprise me to see them get 110-120 cars. I was at Peoria Speedway last night for the first time and the general consensus seem to be a lot of excitement with the fans and drivers about FALS opening next Saturday.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1