Default Talladega Lucas Show Info

Just a few tidbits of info about the Lucas Oil race at Talladega Short Track.

The track will be going the extra mile for this race. We will have high-dollar, top notch track prep equipment from graders, water trucks, dirt tilling equipment to give us the best track on race day and race night.

We are going to run "only" 4 total divisions, Lucas cars, Crate Late's, Modifieds. and the Hot Shots. The Lucas cars will be in the front all evening long, 1st feature. The other 3 classes will run after the Lucas feature.

Grandstand admission will be $30.00 and the pits $40.00.

A reminder, if you are new to TST, you can buy a pit pass, drive your car into the pits and if you are early enough park right on the fenceline a few feet from the track. Or...you can sit it the backstraight grandstand that in my view are the best seats in the house. It can hold thousands.

You can bring in a cooler, coolers are very welcome. Your cooler can have whatever you want in it as long as there is no glass.

Our pits have plenty of room for racers and fans. A suggestion would be to get to the track early, we are hoping for a giant crowd.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Finally! 2.5 weeks before the race! I guess "only 4 divisions" and $30 are acceptable, and could certainly be worse! Kinda excited for the track prep committments. Hope for similar efforts next weekend. Thanks LMM.

Sounds like a well run event. I hope for great weather for you.

I like everything about this post. Thanks for the info. Now let’s start praying for rain free weather.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I plan on being there!

Will welcome u with open arms!

LMM

Better sharpen the teeth on the dirt tilling equipment been a long time since the track surface has been penetrated. i am hopeful that someone will take charge and do great track prep. Been many years since this has happened. Would be nice to drive 45 mins to see a multi groove track instead i have been driving 9 hrs to watch 2 to 3 groove racing. It has been done in the past but showing up Saturday afternoon and put a couple loads water on it as in recent years just wont cut it. Take notice TST the whole country will be watching this one dont blow your best shot in years

30$ in the stands???

Yes it is $30.00.

Redbone, actually the dirt has been penetrated a number of times. It is also cut and graded as well. We just don't dump water on it every week.

We/I know very well that the eyes of the region will be on us for the Lucas show and that if there is the slightest fault, hiccup, or anything like that we will be skewered and chastised on this site and elswhere.

We have had some well known local race folks who have multi million dollar equipment they are providing to assist in track preparation.

TST will do it's best to provide a good night. Let us be glad we can race with all the virus stuff ongoing as some states can't. Let us be thank full and not too harsh.

The cost of this show is enormous, we are taking a large gamble on this, believe me this stuff ain't cheap.

I for one is thrilled to have an open track, have a Lucas show, being healthy and alive, I am gratefull to be at TST. Hope we have a giant crowd and the racing is good.

I promiss you all we will bust a$$ on the track, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

I invite all who come to say hi to me. I spend a lot of time with the fans in front of the tower doinf interviews.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Fly your flags high

Back to the top....
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Late Model Mark,

3 of us are coming for the first time... do we need stadium seats or is there room for folding chairs, or what are the bleachers like?

Thanks in advance!

Stadium seats. Sit in the back stretch. We’re heading that way as well. Haven’t been in a while but looking forward to it.

Thanks B_K, maybe we'll see you there!

I would recommend lawn chairs if on the front straight but you would have to get there very early. In my view, the best seats are the back straight grandstands in the pits.

LMM

To the right when you go in. The upper stands are wooden, not super high, use stadium seats. In front of that , people line up 1 row only of lawn chairs, not many spots and taken fast, must be the first to get there.... All upper stands wood. Lower stands are cement blocks, a small lawn chair's legs can fit in between the seat part, small chairs of any sorts. Cushions or stadium seats work on blocks. I've seen fans straddle the block sitting part with chairs, not to good of results. Oh, you find the Rock Star LMM, he has the orange shirt and black shorts with a wonderful hairstyle....

LMM is correct. The backstretch is the way to go. Better and higher up seats. Plus pit pass. Well worth it.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I will be by to see you mark , hoping for a good night . my boys been running pretty good last couple races , go 35 and 57...…..btw , the pits and back strait bleachers are worth the 10 extra bucks....jmo.....

See all of you then! What hair? LOL

LMM