Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike marlar

Default Mike marlar

What's up with mike marlar selling a lot of his Equipment any one KNOW

Is it mike’s personal equipment or Ronnie Delk’s equipment who had been Marlar’s car owner???

The article yesterday made it sound like he was ready to get back to racing. Maybe Ronnie Delk is selling out, and Marlar is gonna run regional? Idk honestly,kinda confusing.

I am not sure what/if any equipment Marlar has-just don’t know. Will be interesting to see what develops.

Seems like that pairing has been slightly confusing for awhile at times.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Seems like that pairing has been slightly confusing for awhile at times.
    I have always felt like Mikey could be a top 3 driver in our sport if everything would line up for him correctly. Owner changes, car changes, etc have limited his ability to some degree. Over the course of his career, if he would have stayed in a consistent top notch ride with great backing, I think he could have been an all time great. Not too many drivers with the talent that he has, not everything has lined up for him though IMO.

Pennsboro32

Mikey has had top notch- best of the best equipment in the Ronnie Delk owned car. He did win the WOOutlaws championship a couple years ago. I think the problem is Delk wants to win all the time- if they hit a little slump or bad luck- he changes everything up/ from Chasis to engine builders. To me that’s a recipe for disaster! Mike is a top notch wheel man- but he’s not having fun anymore!

Fox, that’s what I’m meaning. Delk has top notch equipment but for whatever reason it seems like their could be issues there. Consistent ride is the key term here.

You are right Pennsboro-Don’t know a lot about Delk other than he had money & spends it as “he” wants! He isn’t committed to anything or anyone. Kinda makes you wonder? He and Mike have been close friends for years. Both are successful business owners. Don’t know if their situation has went sour or what-I hope not- especially their friendship. Racing they can give up together- but valued friendships are hard to come by for the society we now live in. Mark could be getting burned out- he said last year that the racing he fell in love with is not what the racing is now??

Heard mike is done racing

http://www.ihoneida.com/2020/06/08/m...ove-this-much/ This was posted to his Twitter the other day

done I'm going to say no, making changes, i don't doubt this at all

Maybe it's not the racing he loves because it used to only involve a couple people and a few nights a week. Now it's 4-5+ people and 6 day a week job to stay even stay relevant.

I am not sure what/if any equipment Marlar has-just don’t know. Will be interesting to see what develops

His wife just put up his 2020 Longhorn for sale!

D@mmit I ain’t liking the sound of this

Really, nowhere did he say I'm hanging it up. Not a word about del selling out. So the longhorn is out there for sale. Is it a 2nd car, did it get clipped, one of his last statements was I can't wait to get back out there with fans in the stands.

I'm starting to put marlar in a similar category as madden doesent matter where he goes or who he hooks up with he's alway looking for that Cinderella story and that's just not reality. I also tend to think that Delk is a little more of a scapegoat in this Situation that allows marlar to change whatever he wants whenever he gets bored and wash his hands of the situation when it's questioned. I don't personally know delk but i have met him and talked to him for some time at Charlotte a few years ago. He seemed alot more like a hardcore supporter than a i do what i want when i want type of guy. Basically you tell me what you want and I'll go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I'm starting to put marlar in a similar category as madden doesent matter where he goes or who he hooks up with he's alway looking for that Cinderella story and that's just not reality. I also tend to think that Delk is a little more of a scapegoat in this Situation that allows marlar to change whatever he wants whenever he gets bored and wash his hands of the situation when it's questioned. I don't personally know delk but i have met him and talked to him for some time at Charlotte a few years ago. He seemed alot more like a hardcore supporter than a i do what i want when i want type of guy. Basically you tell me what you want and I'll go get it.
    I've seen Mikey seem dumbfounded at times with the car changes. He isn't telling Delk what to do. Mikey is one of the best out there and has been greatly helped and hindered by Delk. The dude is no primadonna. It isn't that long ago he was driving heaps for CJ Rayburn with ridiculous engines under the hood, winning against good regional teams.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I've seen Mikey seem dumbfounded at times with the car changes. He isn't telling Delk what to do. Mikey is one of the best out there and has been greatly helped and hindered by Delk. The dude is no primadonna. It isn't that long ago he was driving heaps for CJ Rayburn with ridiculous engines under the hood, winning against good regional teams.
    Im not trying to paint Mike as a premadonna. And he is by far one of if not even the best current driver out their. But he said it himself in the interview after his last woo win that he was bored and wanted to do everything different. Hence the vic hill powered longhorn without integras. Witch was from what i understand the main reason him and rumley split because of his loyalty to integra. Well he shot all that right down the drain a year later. I like mike alot but the Mikeys getting bored interviews are getting a little old. My point was more its not mike or delk they are two peas in a pod. Nobody including them knows what their gonna do or when. My reference to madden was because it doesn't mater what kind of ride or support maden has nothing is ever good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Im not trying to paint Mike as a premadonna. And he is by far one of if not even the best current driver out their. But he said it himself in the interview after his last woo win that he was bored and wanted to do everything different. Hence the vic hill powered longhorn without integras. Witch was from what i understand the main reason him and rumley split because of his loyalty to integra. Well he shot all that right down the drain a year later. I like mike alot but the Mikeys getting bored interviews are getting a little old. My point was more its not mike or delk they are two peas in a pod. Nobody including them knows what their gonna do or when. My reference to madden was because it doesn't mater what kind of ride or support maden has nothing is ever good enough
    That was the first time he ever made a statement like that. It's the first time he directed the change.

The Rumley split had nothing to do with shocks. That was simply the official statement for the press.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1