Question Is Bubba going to be the new Danica ?

Are the big sponsors going to be knocking down The Kings door to get a piece of the action ? Is the cameras and the announcers going to be covering him constantly even if he is 5 laps down ? Is NASKY going to let anything go with his cars in an attempt to get him running up front ? Is NASKY hoping to gain a new fan base with people of color since they all but lost its fans that made them what they grew into until Brian France started GIMMICK racing ? So many questions ! How many answers ?

Pshhhhhh.......Soul Glo, Addidas, Hennesy, Beats don't want nothing to do with nasCRAP! Neither do I!

This could get interesting! I've got a feeling some of those folks that still go to races at places like Talladega, Bristol and Richmond might test the waters to see what will happen if they go ahead and display the Confederate flag.

These ignoramus's that are in charge of NASCAR have already alienated a huge portion of their fan base. Now this. I have no particular affection for the Confederate flag and have no interest in displaying one or having it plastered on my vehicle but there are a lotta' people who do and some of those folks are NASCAR race ticket purchasers.

I've got a feeling there will be Confederate flags strategically place everywhere that NASCAR has no jurisdiction at the deep south races. I'll watch some NASCAR now just to see what happens!

Patrick was a money machine with no racing talent. She could drive a car around the track fast, but couldn't race. Bubba can at least race, but he is a token driver which should not be the case. However, no sponsors are knocking on the door because attention they would get would be short lived. It is a shame that the troubles of the world have come to this

On another note, Goodell encouraging teams to sign Kaepernick. What spineless tub of goo!

Sports ain’t cuttin it for me now a days

Professional sports, especially stick and ball sports, have been a disgusting turn off for some time now for a variety of reasons. NASCAR has mildly resisted most of the BS that the stick and ball sports have embraced but fear of reprisal from the urban hellhole dwellers has now noticeably taken it's toll. Short track dirt racing is, and always has been, our personal passion over and above any other sport or activity. If the powers that be in the short track dirt industry begin to knuckle under to unfounded and ridiculous pressure and demands we will abandon them, as well. I'm confident that there are many who feel as I do.

A couple of things I'm going to be watching for the rest of this season in regards to both dirt short track racing and NASCAR:

#1. Will the $hitheads from the country's urban hellhole's ultimately descend upon the venue's Kyle Larson is currently racing to loot, vandalize and riot to show their displeasure with him? As I posted in the Sprint section, I would buy the PPV to watch what happens if that ever comes to pass. That would be some very entertaining reality TV!

#2. Will Childress be forced to allow kneeling during the National Anthem by his employees/ team members. IIRC Childress is on record as saying he'd fire and provide transportation exiting the track to anyone he employs that is personally compelled to kneel during the Anthem. I would somewhat enjoy seeing what will come to pass if Childress has an employee that wants to kneel. My gut feeling is Childress might have to eat those words if he wants to continue to be a NASCAR car owner.

I have the utmost respect for The King. He's always been of exemplary character and class and he generally means what he says but it appears that even The King has been intimidated to the degree that his personal opinions and beliefs have taken a back seat to the fear NASCAR has and the demands of the mob. Richard is on record as saying he doesn't believe that NASCAR team members and NASCAR employees should be allowed to kneel down during the anthem but yet Wallace is allowed, even encouraged, to do so. Hmmmm

There is some rumors that the pre-race invocations will be done away with at NASCAR events, as well. Hmmmm.

They can get rid of prayer at NASCAR if they want to.......then nascar can pray if they hang on for a few more years.

And btw....how dare Kyle call a white guy( his friend and spotter) the N word.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If I remember correctly Petty does not own or operate the race team. It’s just his name.

You're no doubt correct about The King being nothing more than a figurehead. I don't even try to keep up with NASCAR stuff like we once did. I realize The King is 80 something years old and probably isn't, at this point, looking for controversy but if he really feels that strongly he should say so and walk away if necessary. Easy for me to set here in the safety of my office and pontificate on what Richard should or shouldn't do but he has a lifetime of being a stand up kind of guy.

I was a big Richard fan but seeing the 43 car now... well... I'm moving on to greener pastures

Could this be a ruse to secure a contract extension for a black no-talent wannabe cup racer ,with a redneck name? So when he's fired for lack of results, he can cry racism! …..hmmmmm!

This is not a racist flag!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by buford.justice View Post

this is not a racist flag!
    exactly! ^^^^^^^

On the greener pastures comment.....they are normally found in the back 40,Where bubba usually runs.......I'm glad he has finally found something to be passionate about, wish he would be as passionate about getting that 43 back to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post

This is not a racist flag!
    You're right and I agree with both of you because I know and have studied the real history, and this certainly won't go over well with some folks but.......you can thank stupid ,racist ,ignorant white people for turning that flag into one of hate.

Most of the white supremist groups of note have adopted the stars and bars or the swastika as their flag.

I don't agree with everyone when they say it's racist and hateful, but I do understand how they could feel that way.

Greener pastures.. I was thinking l will be watching a hole bunch more dirt racing