Default Explain cleaning process while going to next race

How do the teams clean the cars when they have a race the next night? Where, how etc? What do they not clean? It has to be tough to do the back to backs.

With 5 gallon buckets of water usually when they unload at the next track .Some of the big teams may have water and a pressure washer but I have never seen one with it.

rubber mallet and scrapers

Thanks. I see. They clean them the old fashion way. Do they typically leave after race is over at night for the next track or do they wait till the morning?

Most teams leave immediately and drive through the night to the next track. As said most of the larger haulers have water on board. Depending on how dirty the car is decides what level of washing it gets. Some tracks have water and the teams will arrive early and use that. Some will also go to a local racers shop and clean and prep their if the location of the next track allows enough time.

They use a spray wax of some sort to keep the cars looking shiny

One thing is for sure. The teams/drivers work way hard in this business.

Many sprint car teams find a car wash immediately after the night's racing. I attended the I-55 World of Outlaw show in May. As I was leaving Pevely just before 11pm, I passed a car wash and several WoO teams were already unloading their cars to power spray and clean them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    Many sprint car teams find a car wash immediately after the night's racing. I attended the I-55 World of Outlaw show in May. As I was leaving Pevely just before 11pm, I passed a car wash and several WoO teams were already unloading their cars to power spray and clean them.
    Ya a lot of sprint teams go every night.

And how do they protect the engine from the power wash (properly)?

Their are carb covers that replace the air cleaner that are sealed and some cut up mud plugs and stuff them in the headers.

A lot of mud and dust to clean and it’s amazing how good the cars look every night 👍