Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The flag controversy at Cherokee is a prime example of a false story getting passed around while the real explanation is ignored. The Confederate flag was removed several weeks ago not on the demand of lucas oil. When Cherokee had the pay per view super race last month the flag was blocking the camera view. So cherokee took down and promoter Scott Childress said the flag was several years old and faded and torn. So he decided to replace it with a new one but he was busy and it was on the list of things to do but he didn't get around to doing it. Its funny how people make up stories instead of asking questions and finding out the real reason.

So why did cameras go different when there was one in victory lane last night.

Dont know what happened at smoky mountain. But I know lucas oil didnt request Cherokee remove the flag because there wasn't one to remove

Thanks for the clarification

First off the horse is out of the barn. Thousands of people rioting or protesting in the street. So I do not want to here anything more about fans being forbidden from attending races. Enough of the nonsense. Florence ought be about to do what ever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    First off the horse is out of the barn. Thousands of people rioting or protesting in the street. So I do not want to here anything more about fans being forbidden from attending races. Enough of the nonsense. Florence ought be about to do what ever they want.
    This is what I believe. But Tony Stewart is a ban supporter at Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    The flag controversy at Cherokee is a prime example of a false story getting passed around while the real explanation is ignored. The Confederate flag was removed several weeks ago not on the demand of lucas oil. When Cherokee had the pay per view super race last month the flag was blocking the camera view. So cherokee took down and promoter Scott Childress said the flag was several years old and faded and torn. So he decided to replace it with a new one but he was busy and it was on the list of things to do but he didn't get around to doing it. Its funny how people make up stories instead of asking questions and finding out the real reason.
    Welcome to the world of social media where nobody fact checks anything. They hear something so it has to be true, then they run to facebook to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Welcome to the world of social media where nobody fact checks anything. They hear something so it has to be true, then they run to facebook to post it.
    That works both ways though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Exactly the reason people should rely on more than one party lines talking head to form their final opinion.......do their own research, multiple sources,give it some serious thought,be open minded,form opinion.......ah the good old days.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Exactly the reason people should rely on more than one party lines talking head to form their final opinion.......do their own research, multiple sources,give it some serious thought,be open minded,form opinion.......ah the good old days.
    Whats real scary is it could be some 15 year old kid on the other side of the keyboard that doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground and people will react to it or push the info as fact without ever giving it a second thought

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Yep people sit there all slack jawed and listen and read but they don’t think, too stupid and lazy to do research.

Just my .02, I associate the confederate flag with a cool time period, the late 70s/80s, Smokey and the Bandit, Six Pack, 80s Nascar, etc. I don't see a single thing racist or anything similar about it. More just southern pride, and good ol boy, good ol days life style.

However, regardless of who does/doesn't ban the flag, NASCAR, Lucas Oil, Florence Speedway, I am still going to watch the race and not give a DAM* about a flag. I am not there for a flag, except to see who gets to the checkered one first. And even then, they could change it to purple and yellow and I couldn't care less. I'm not going to let a freakin flag and what it does or doesn't mean keep me from enjoying an event of any kind.

Also, PSA I have a classic State of Georgia flag with the "confederate" flag as a part of it on my wall in my man cave. I just feel like all this uproar about boycotting things or getting all up in arms about a flag (more so with NASCAR) is just ridiculous.

I mean I love racetrack corn dogs, but if all racetracks banned corndogs because they're unhealthy (or whatever else) guess what... I'll just eat a hamburger or nachos and go on with my life!

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Just my .02, I associate the confederate flag with a cool time period, the late 70s/80s, Smokey and the Bandit, Six Pack, 80s Nascar, etc. I don't see a single thing racist or anything similar about it. More just southern pride, and good ol boy, good ol days life style.

However, regardless of who does/doesn't ban the flag, NASCAR, Lucas Oil, Florence Speedway, I am still going to watch the race and not give a DAM* about a flag. I am not there for a flag, except to see who gets to the checkered one first. And even then, they could change it to purple and yellow and I couldn't care less. I'm not going to let a freakin flag and what it does or doesn't mean keep me from enjoying an event of any kind.

Also, PSA I have a classic State of Georgia flag with the "confederate" flag as a part of it on my wall in my man cave. I just feel like all this uproar about boycotting things or getting all up in arms about a flag (more so with NASCAR) is just ridiculous.

I mean I love racetrack corn dogs, but if all racetracks banned corndogs because they're unhealthy (or whatever else) guess what... I'll just eat a hamburger or nachos and go on with my life!
    Spot on. People want a reason to be offended in todays world.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Just my .02, I associate the confederate flag with a cool time period, the late 70s/80s, Smokey and the Bandit, Six Pack, 80s Nascar, etc. I don't see a single thing racist or anything similar about it. More just southern pride, and good ol boy, good ol days life style.However, regardless of who does/doesn't ban the flag, NASCAR, Lucas Oil, Florence Speedway, I am still going to watch the race and not give a DAM* about a flag. I am not there for a flag, except to see who gets to the checkered one first. And even then, they could change it to purple and yellow and I couldn't care less. I'm not going to let a freakin flag and what it does or doesn't mean keep me from enjoying an event of any kind.Also, PSA I have a classic State of Georgia flag with the "confederate" flag as a part of it on my wall in my man cave. I just feel like all this uproar about boycotting things or getting all up in arms about a flag (more so with NASCAR) is just ridiculous. I mean I love racetrack corn dogs, but if all racetracks banned corndogs because they're unhealthy (or whatever else) guess what... I'll just eat a hamburger or nachos and go on with my life!
    Great post, the funny thing is it’s not even an American flag, try to ban that then we have a problem.

It someone's right to display the Confederate flag just as much as it's someone's right to display the gay pride flag.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    It someone's right to display the Confederate flag just as much as it's someone's right to display the gay pride flag.
    You still got yours gpf flying?🤭🤭

The quote rarely works so I will just reply in general. Maybe it was a coincidence the Confederate Flag was taken down at Cherokee for a camera problem at the same time as the Nascar ban. Just funny how Lucas Oil TV went plain stupid to avoid showing the flag in victory lane. Those that dont care about the Confederate Flag have that right.. those same people will be mad when something they do care about is taken away... it WILL happen. Just seems the offended are winning right now. When will the majority that believe in freedom push back?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    You're right, but it is also NASCAR's right, or any private enterprise for that matter, to dictate what can and cannot be displayed on its properties. Just like you have the right to display whatever you want or keep whatever you want from being displayed on your private property.

What the flag represents is certainly a hotly debated topic and an argument that can be had. However, no ones rights are being infringed upon here.

That is true but if you're clearly losing fans, banning something like a flag because ONE driver spoke out about it probably isn't going to win you fans back. I feel bad for RPM because now they have their hands tied if they were to ever not re-sign him to a new contract due to on track performance. Which is pretty dismal.

The problem is with the way people handle things. Nascar knows if they Ban the BLM or Pride flag it will be met with violence from the left. FOR THE MOST PART folks on the right are not violent, and I'm not talking about the far right.. those are about 1% and are nuts.
    Last edited by dirtSLMracing; 06-15-2020 at 02:30 PM.