Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    That is true but if you're clearly losing fans, banning something like a flag because ONE driver spoke out about it probably isn't going to win you fans back. I feel bad for RPM because now they have their hands tied if they were to ever not re-sign him to a new contract due to on track performance. Which is pretty dismal.
    I don't disagree with you. NASCAR has been viewed as pushing away it's core fan base for years in its search for newer and younger fans by making so many changes. This may have been the nail in the coffin for the original hardcore fan base.

Bubba Wallace thinks he needs to watch his back in the pits now😂

Why does he think he's important enough for anyone to really even care what he thinks or does?

He has opinions like we all do.......his are no more important than anyone's.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Maybe Nascar will give him that special golden restrictor plate at Dega'.

A white restrictor plate...

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Maybe Nascar will give him that special golden restrictor plate at Dega'.
    Oh that could never happen. Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
    A white restrictor plate...
    According to every interview I've seen on the news for the last 3 weeks,I thought that's what WE all were accused of being?

which I'm betting with most any of us ,couldn't be further from the truth......

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Whats real scary is it could be some 15 year old kid on the other side of the keyboard that doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground and people will react to it or push the info as fact without ever giving it a second thought
    Chances are it's an Iranian, Chinese, North Korean or Russian operative. Social media is full of PSYOP from foreign enemies of the United States. Some of it's really easy to spot, some of it less so (the goal).
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

I am offended with the way Nascrap treated Kyle Larson than stupid flag bs.I am glad Larson is running on dirt because that is what I love.I do not watch Nascrap now.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Just my .02, I associate the confederate flag with a cool time period, the late 70s/80s, Smokey and the Bandit, Six Pack, 80s Nascar, etc. I don't see a single thing racist or anything similar about it. More just southern pride, and good ol boy, good ol days life style.

However, regardless of who does/doesn't ban the flag, NASCAR, Lucas Oil, Florence Speedway, I am still going to watch the race and not give a DAM* about a flag. I am not there for a flag, except to see who gets to the checkered one first. And even then, they could change it to purple and yellow and I couldn't care less. I'm not going to let a freakin flag and what it does or doesn't mean keep me from enjoying an event of any kind.

Also, PSA I have a classic State of Georgia flag with the "confederate" flag as a part of it on my wall in my man cave. I just feel like all this uproar about boycotting things or getting all up in arms about a flag (more so with NASCAR) is just ridiculous.

I mean I love racetrack corn dogs, but if all racetracks banned corndogs because they're unhealthy (or whatever else) guess what... I'll just eat a hamburger or nachos and go on with my life!
    Well said.

b1eagle

Just curious.. what was it about how Nascar treated Larson that you didnt like?

RayCook53Fan..

If a track banned any shirt with logos including drivers shirts because it might offend someone would you still attend that track? Have to wear plain shirts only.

Then they would simply say they are offended by plain white shirts. They keep the game going.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Then they would simply say they are offended by plain white shirts. They keep the game going.
    Nobody seemed to offended by LITEY'S white wife beaters. With chilli sauce all over the front of 'em!!

I don't know what is right and wrong but I'll bet you will be able to buy a flag on 77 before you ever gat to speedway Blvd.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I don't know what is right and wrong but I'll bet you will be able to buy a flag on 77 before you ever gat to speedway Blvd.
    Charlotte Motor Speedway is quickly becoming a museum

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    RayCook53Fan..

If a track banned any shirt with logos including drivers shirts because it might offend someone would you still attend that track? Have to wear plain shirts only.
    Bobby's FN tshirts sales would plummet.........

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Bobby's FN tshirts sales would plummet.........
    Already saw one at Goodwill...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    RayCook53Fan..

Yes, if I wanted to go to the race and it was going to be a good one. Why the heck would I not go to a race because of what I had to wear? lol Silly Question. I go for the races. Not for the attire or the flags on the flag pole. I guess I'm not one to go around looking for a reason to be pi$$ed off.