Question crowd size at Cedar Lake Masters ?????

I didn't make it to Cedar Lake. Just wondering if the fans showed up in spite of COVID nervousness.
    Jim Hanson
    Minnesota

I don't know about last night, but I made the trip up from Ohio on May 31st. Just a regular week racing show, and the stands were packed. Not much social distancing going on. I would assume it was packed again. I've been to seven different tracks during this so called crisis, and I haven't seen social distancing yet. I'm good with it. The dirt I've eaten is probably far worse for me!!!

Very large crowd last night, and pretty sizable the two nights prior. Lots of people camping as well. Last night may have been the largest crowd in the 21 year history of the Masters event (just a guess, but I've been to most of them). Great weather, lack of other tracks running, and people itching to get out for a big event certainly had something to do with that. Other than a few people wearing masks, you'd never know a pandemic was going on. Great 3 nights of racing, and track prep!

The woo show in a couple weeks will probably be huge with both lm and sprints. Wish it wasn't 14 hours from the house or I'd go forsure
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 06-14-2020 at 11:07 AM.

For sure. As TerryM eluded to in another thread......this doesn't happen very often. If the weather is good, I would suspect the crowd will rival a USA Nationals type crowd, which is usually near capacity. Looks like Saturday night will be broadcast live on CBS Sports Network as well.
    Last edited by ButtTrick; 06-14-2020 at 11:09 AM.

God bless Cedar Lake Speedway ! ---still producing a great product even during COVID season. I guess the old saying is true, "you build it, they will come." Cedar Lake's fame would be even better if it was located in the heart of Late Model country. The owners/managers/track preppers constantly look for ways to make "their product" even better.
    Jim Hanson