Default 360 Winged at Placerville Speedway

Last night at P'Ville they finally got to open with no spectators to begin the famous red clay 1/4 mile's 55th season. Sad that the rabid and very loyal fans didn't to see the show. Forty-five 360 cars, 20 BCRA Midget Lites; think TQs, 14 Pure Stocks and 12 Limited Late Models.

Andy Forsberg, of Auburn, showed again that he is one of the region's all time best as he won his heat and the main only leaving the dash to another car. He is rapidly closing on 200 main wins and, at his current pace, might make it this season.

Good buddy of ours', Ray Trimble, who lives just a couple of miles down the road from our abode, grabbed the win in the LLM main so a big attaboy to him.

Next week another no spectator race will be one of the dwindling chances to "see" the 410 version of the winged cars when the King of the West series will be at Keller (Hanford, CA) Speedway as they're about the last of the breed in our state. Keller, ex King's, Speedway is a very fun and often very fast 3/8ths in the Central Valley of Cal.

For the Sprint fans, I just found out that Marysville Raceway, CA is running right now on a Sunday night. Can't remember if that has ever happened before and if so when?

Thirty-one 360 winged cars hot lapped, including last night's winner, Andy Forsberg, and a lot of other guys from last night. Also hot laps show 27 Hobby Stocks and 20 Sport Mods. Don't know if Speedshift TV or any other entity is broadcasting it as I just hit this looking for a couple of results from Race Monitor. Just a heads' up.
    Last edited by over4T; 06-14-2020 at 08:54 PM. Reason: out of order stuff

Correction on last night's P'Ville winner. Justyn Cox won it as Forsberg broke only 7 laps into the main. Blame Race Monitor for the bum info as I couldn't be there and was just passing on what I got from RM. Sorry, but we'll see how Andy's night goes at Marysville .

Over, were these winged sprint car races sanctioned?

No, just the regional rules for nearly all tracks in NorCal.. and counted as a points race for Marysville. The King of the West group of 410s next week are however. A friend of ours who runs and builds his own chassis and engines for the KW series is planning on getting his season debut in with them instead of running his Pro Stock with us. Can't blame him as the 410 shows are limited in the state since Silver Dollar dropped them 2 years ago in favor of the 360 cars at their weekly shows. They're usually very good shows and Hanford is one of the better venues for them.

P.S. Andy Forsberg's night at Marysville didn't fare much better for him than P'Ville did. A not great track last night and the luck of the invert draw after the dash had him start quite a ways back in the field. Managed to get to 3rd then with some 3 laps to go lost some spots and ended up 7th, a very uncharacteristic spot for him. Don't know what happened since I couldn't be there.

Had a ton of work to do around the ranch to make room for one more horsepower to Horsepower Ranch. The son and daughter-in-law went to the Bay area to pick up a retired thoroughbred with a surgically repaired leg that ended his racing days. He hit it right off with Lucky, our other retired jumping horse and will be his new buddy since Lucky lost his old Mustang pal, Barley, a few months back to old age, almost 30. He had a good, long run that surely wouldn't have been more than a few years had he not been rescued from the Nevada mountains as a colt. He was a good old boy and the ranches' birds will miss him too as they built many of their nests from his winter, wooly mammoth hair. Better than sleeping on twigs, I guess.