Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J-bar

If your driver comes in an tells you it is to tight, like stuck on the rr. Would you loosen entry or loosen the car on the gas?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudy73 View Post
    If your driver comes in an tells you it is to tight, like stuck on the rr. Would you loosen entry or loosen the car on the gas?
    Fix entry to center and the exit generally fixes itself

Quote Originally Posted by Roudy73 View Post
    Grt74, how do you get around the body rules if you run a stiffer spring in the lr?
    i have argued till I'm blue in the face about this one with the drop rule (they are dip chits on this one)
    if you are going to jack it up and check it, with a total height measurement, why should it matter at ride height????? sure it gives the bars more angle to be gained and some will drag the frame rail going threw the pits but if you know what your doing with springs you can gain the same or better results cheaper (don't need all the crazy valving)

125-175 spring you should be ok, it will free the car up going in OFF THE GAS, then you have the added bar angle to be gain when you pick the gas back up (its not preloaded threw the roof) but you'll have to have the rf correct too so it will work
    some will laugh at this and say it will never work, if there were not ride height rules, just a total height rule when jacked up, i would tell you to put a 300 on it, start at ride height and jack rounds in till comfortable

I started this year with a digressive stack, 55lb rate at ride height. I could not get the car to rotate on entry (off gas, I may not be the best driver...). This week a threw my 170lb barrel spring on and it was a night and day difference. Car rotated on entry so much better and I could get on the throttle much earlier. Now this track does no tech beyond weight, my deck was probably 41” at ride height. I’m going to dial it in a bit to be legal at other tracks. What did I learn? I need some LR spring to make the car turn.

What were your loads with the stack vs single spring. I 55 is to soft