FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 16, 2020

Brandon Overton Pockets $15,000 at Smoky Mountain
World of Outlaws Doubleheader On Deck

EVANS, Ga. (06/16/20) – Brandon Overton held off several challenges in a furious finish on Saturday to put the Wells Motorsports No. 76 Crossfit Overton/ Allstar Concrete/ Longhorn Chassis by Wells/ Clements Racing Engine-powered Super Late Model in Victory Lane for the fourth straight week.

Overton held off a hard charging Brandon Sheppard, Jimmy Owens, and Josh Richards in the closing laps to win the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series-sanctioned Mountain Moonshine Classic at Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tenn.). He earned a $15,000 payday for his third LOLMDS win of the season.

“I just wanted the race to be done,” said Overton in Victory Lane. “I didn’t know where they were at. I saw so many people on that backstretch some were saying go high or go low and I did not know where to go. I could see him [Sheppard] on the bottom, but I am just fortunate to drive for an awesome group of people. We have had a lot of bad luck, and we have got a fast race car. Thank you to all the fans for coming out tonight. I was excited to see all these people here especially on the backstretch, it’s awesome to come here and see all of these fans. If I am going to win one, it’s great do this in front this crowd. If the fans don’t come see us then we don’t have a job.”

Brandon followed up the second fastest time in his group behind Sheppard with a heat race win. Starting the feature in third, Overton powered ahead of Sheppard on lap 27 and fended off several late-race charges to capture his ninth win of the season. Sheppard, Owens, Josh, and Earl Pearson Jr. completed the Top-5 finishers in the 60-lap affair.

Overton invaded Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, S.C.) on Friday evening powering his Wells Motorsports No. 76 Late Model in the 22nd Annual Grassy Smith Memorial. Overton secured his spot into the feature with a 10-lap heat race victory.

Rolling off third, Brandon tracked down Ross Bailes for the lead on lap 22 before relinquishing the top spot back to Bailes five laps later. Charging ahead of Bailes on lap 46, Overton looked to have the win secured until a caution appeared on lap 49. Suffering a flat tire on the final lap, Brandon limped across the finish line in fourth, trailing Bailes, Sheppard, and Owens to the checkers with Chris Ferguson coming in fifth.

To learn more about these events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com.

Brandon Overton and the Wells Motorsports team are set to tackle the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series this Friday-Saturday, June 19-20. The tour will invade Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap, Tenn. for a $6,000-to-win program on Friday, followed by a $10,000-to-win finale on Saturday.

Additional information on these upcoming events can be found at www.WoOLMS.com.

Brandon Overton would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Crossfit Overton, Wells Motorsports, Allstar Concrete, Longhorn Chassis by Wells, Big Dog Stump and Tree, RW Powell Construction, Convenient Lube, Big Blue Smoke House, Doug Campbell Body Shop, Clements Racing Engines, Penske Shocks, Hoosier by Brian, Top Notch Kustom Koncepts, Steering Buddy, Impact Race Gear, Swift Springs, Penn Grade Oil, Quarter Master, Earnhardt Technologies Group, Wilwood, All-Star Performance, Wehrs Machine, Schoenfeld, Winters Performance, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, Sunoco Race Fuels, Fast Shafts, AFCO Racing Products, COMP Cams, Quickcar Products, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information concerning Brandon Overton, please visit www.BrandonOverton76.com. To learn more about Wells Motorsports, visit www.WellsAndSonsMotorsports.com.