Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Red Farmer In Hall of Fame

Talladega Short Track regular Red farmer made the Hall of Fame today, congrats!!!!!!!!!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Congratulations Red Farmer, well deserved. Dale Jr also which is laughable.

Red Farmer ran NASCAR?

When I was a kid I watched him run some great races at the fairgrounds in Nashville if they ever do away with that place it will be a sad day there is a ton of history there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Red Farmer ran NASCAR?
    https://speedsport.com/nascar/nascar...oull-ever-get/

Dale Jr gets in and the France family refuses to acknowledge that Smokey Yunick ever existed.

The NASCAR HOF is a farce.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Dale Jr gets in and the France family refuses to acknowledge that Smokey Yunick ever existed.The NASCAR HOF is a farce.
    Yes. I have had a paragraph printed in Charlotte observer opinion page about this. Smokey should absolutely be in (if nothing else based on statistics alone). Andy Petree as well from the Dale Earnhardt days.

Founding member of the Alabama gang....survived the copter crash with Davey attempting to land at dega.......still races dirt in the area.

What the heck took them so long?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

I'm with ya' Shiny Side, Smokey was THE "smartest" son of a gravedigger to ever grace a Nascrap pit, and STILL IS ! No one comes close to Smoky when it came to knowing what made an engine tick ! The " Best Dammed Garage in Town " will live on forever, in my humble opinion ! Nascrap is a lot like that farce in Cleveland of the Rock n roll HOF ! These people have no dammed clue what people like Smokey Yunick, Johnny Rivers and the Guess Who did for racing and music ! And they're not even being acknowledged which is " bullsheet l " ! So to those two organizations I simply say " to the farthest reaches of hell you go, you a$$holes " !
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 06-16-2020 at 11:47 PM.

I totally agree , Red Farmer is a racers racer and deserves to be in the HOF. I saw Red drive an asphalt car owned by another driver that was just an average race car. Red took that car to the front and proved to me the driver was more important than the car in getting around the asphalt track. The way Red was driving the car on the edge and working the steering wheel in the corners made me feel he knew more than most on how to get the best out of a race car.

Red is great but a few others are great too. HOF is a joke. Unfortunately

They put Mike Stafanik in too (correctly if a touch late) and Dale Jr, I mean it's a hall of fame. All you gotta be is famous, right? He had a good career and does a heck of a job on the TV and his radio show.

Should Smokey Yunick be in there? Part of Smokey's mystique is his feud with Bill France and wrongful ommision, so I'm gonna say no. Kinda like how everybody would have forgotten about Pete Rose long ago if baseball would have just put him in. It's part of the legend and amplifies it more than induction would.

Hopefully there's a sliver of hope for Larry Phillips and Phillip Morris in the future. Talk about a guy that got jobbed out of a chance it's PM if there ever was one. I mean I probably would have raced under my middle name if I was him though.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Ok, ok. Let's make this a little harder. WHO ISN'T IN THE HOF ? It's a joke, just like nascrap has become. Dale jr. WHY ? If it wasn't for the last name do you really believe he would be there ? It's a final tribute to his dad nothing more. Next they'll be putting Mikie gobbler Waltrip in.

Smokey deserves to be in nascrap, innovative and made officials look like idiots. Humm didn't jr Johnson get in ? as pistol Pete deserves to be in baseball, as a PLAYER, he was the man.

Stefanik and Farmer absolutely deserved it, Jr., well....

NASCAR being politically correct by not giving Smokey his due. Others like Kirk Shelmerdine and Andy Petree have the MATH and the hardware to be in and they should be in. Jr is young. Let the older folks get in now because you never know what could happen in a years time.

Curtis Turner isn't and NEVER will be. These things are always political. Is Derek Jeter a first ballot Hall of Famer if he played for the Oakland A's? F no he isn't. He's a guy that would have to get in on the veteran's committee vote 15 or 20 years later. I'm not saying he's NOT an HOF player either I'm saying that a whole lot of this is politics.

Also, if Smokey was with us today he's almost definitely tell the France family to go p!ss up a rope if they tried to induct him and thereby make any more money off of him.
    Last edited by Rocky; 06-17-2020 at 07:17 AM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

I agree Smoky should be in but that would be his response exactly he lived up torment Big Bill France.

I wish I could get a copy of Smokey’s book. They sold out many many years ago.

Exactly, I totally think Smokey belongs in that HoF, but there's NO WAY he'd go for it. None.

EDIT.... It just occured to me, for all of that stuff that the legendary Smokey Yunick did with the stock car side of it.... Red Farmer was THERE. Wow man. He raced against Dale Jr and Dale Sr and Ralph Earnhardt too. Holy mackeral.
    Last edited by Rocky; 06-17-2020 at 07:43 AM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

How many votes did Cole Trickle get?
    2023 Races - WoO at TST