Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pennsboro

Default Pennsboro

What’s the latest and greatest news about this place? Is it reopening ever?

Not much news to tell. Some of the board members for the speedway have already ran off other board members who actually want to see racing. I'm 29, and there's a 0.000001 percent chance I ever see a race there in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Not much news to tell. Some of the board members for the speedway have already ran off other board members who actually want to see racing. I'm 29, and there's a 0.000001 percent chance I ever see a race there in my lifetime.
    This is what we need to do, since this kind of thing is allowed these days. We first need somebody to toss a culvert tube in the back stretch, then put dirt over it. Then we go in there with bricks and bottles and guns and stuff. We'll create the Pennsboro Speedway Autonomous Zone. Maybe we can call it DLP (drunks liberating pennsboro). We'll demand that the DTWC be moved back there actually we can make a whole long laundry list of demands, smaller bodies, 410 motors, 3 dollar maximum hotdog price nationwide.... The list is endless.

I bet we'd get arrested within an hour and or fired because we all like have jobs and stuff.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Great track. The bones are still there. Government should help get it going again.

Rajflyboy
    Why should the “government” help get it going?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    This is what we need to do, since this kind of thing is allowed these days. We first need somebody to toss a culvert tube in the back stretch, then put dirt over it. Then we go in there with bricks and bottles and guns and stuff. We'll create the Pennsboro Speedway Autonomous Zone. Maybe we can call it DLP (drunks liberating pennsboro). We'll demand that the DTWC be moved back there actually we can make a whole long laundry list of demands, smaller bodies, 410 motors, 3 dollar maximum hotdog price nationwide.... The list is endless.

I bet we'd get arrested within an hour and or fired because we all like have jobs and stuff.
    It's West Virginia, not Seattle ....we would all be shot with long rifles for trespassing.

As we should be.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Government would insure it doesn’t get closed again. Ha ha. Reverse thinking 😜

BBQ

100% correct !!

Pennsboro was a historical place! Note I said “was.”
    I personally think dirt racing has progressed from taking a crap in the woods & bathing in a creek. To many nice facilities out there now for people to support.
    Don’t get me wrong- it would be great if it could come back to life- but it would take a lot of money and work to be successful in today’s world- unless you are talking about a throw back venue.

You could be right but a lot of great tracks have marginal amenities

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Great track. The bones are still there. Government should help get it going again.
    2 things never before mentioned in the same discussion: Pennsboro and great track. Glad I got to see the DTWC there once.

Why is everyone so obsessed with this track? Every highlight or video Ive ever seen looks like one-lane dust storm.

Maybe they burned a large abundance of marijuana on the backstretch and everyone caught a sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Reynolds View Post
    Why is everyone so obsessed with this track? Every highlight or video Ive ever seen looks like one-lane dust storm.

Maybe they burned a large abundance of marijuana on the backstretch and everyone caught a sniff.
    Atmosphere and every big time driver was there for the DTWC. The Woodstock of racing. Only die hards.

So Only diehards like really awful racing? Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Reynolds View Post
    So Only diehards like really awful racing? Makes sense.
    You asked the question.

How long has Pennsboro been closed??
    Carl Short still owns adjoining property (as of a couple years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    How long has Pennsboro been closed??
    Carl Short still owns adjoining property (as of a couple years ago)
    The last race they had was in 2002. Believe it or not, they had the first ever night race that year, and it was pretty good racing.

18 years- thanks Penns!!

It’s a track I never got to attend. When Mineral Wells was open - I always wanted to drive up to Pennsboro and just take a look for history sake- but never did. Shame on me!!

I drive by occasionally. I was just interested in what is going on up there.