Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 91

Thread: Larson

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Drivers are considered employees only to their teams. When it comes to sponsors, it's a general contractor type situation but generally depends on the wording of a contract. Usually in a sponsorship deal you're representing a brand/company, not directly working for them. Like I said in another post. When you sign these contracts you're basically signing your life away but it is for Millions of dollars so you have to weigh that out. It's easy to look over some of the fine print when you're focusing on all those dollar signs. Kind of like when football teams put in their contract that a player is not allowed to ride a motorcycle or do any other activities that could be considered a higher risk of injury.
    Thanks for the info on the contracts. Devil is always in the details.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Larson just needed to get the mental side of a LONG race figured out

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,090

    Default

    You make a good point, Josh.

    It's common knowledge and universally accepted in regards to NASCAR that the car and the team is proportionately more important to success, or lack thereof, than the driver. Jimmie Johnson is a 7 time Cup Champion and arguably the best driver in history and definitely the best driver since Richard Petty was in his prime and it's very doubtful that he could have won even 1 championship with the caliber of team and equipment Larson drove. Larson probably won several Cup races that many other drivers would not have been capable of winning with comparable equipment and team. That's not provable but many who are far more learned than I believe that.

    If there is an active driver who has won as many high profile races on as many diverse track surfaces and configurations in as many different types of cars I'm not aware of him or her. Maybe someone here can come up with a name but I can't. On dirt Yung Muny is without peer.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-17-2020 at 04:28 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Truth or Consequences New Mexico
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    So if he has this great talent isn't he suppose to make something out of nothing? Won several races? He's won 6. 2 at the same track. And 1 other was at the "sister" track of the other.

    Being in "lesser" equipment is just an excuse.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    So if he has this great talent isn't he suppose to make something out of nothing? Won several races? He's won 6. 2 at the same track. And 1 other was at the "sister" track of the other.

    Being in "lesser" equipment is just an excuse.
    So your saying the best driver can jump in any car and win? Surely your not serious.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Truth or Consequences New Mexico
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reddyfreddy View Post
    So your saying the best driver can jump in any car and win? Surely your not serious.
    It's not totally impossible.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    So if he has this great talent isn't he suppose to make something out of nothing? Won several races? He's won 6. 2 at the same track. And 1 other was at the "sister" track of the other.

    Being in "lesser" equipment is just an excuse.
    You can play all the childish games with semantics you want but the facts are what they are whether you can allow yourself to accept them or not. The facts are that Larson is one of the best all around drivers in the world today. His resume' more that supports that claim. He's won races in virtually everything he's ever driven and that includes Cup races. If Larson took driving a dirt late model seriously he'd win big in those, too! Larson doesn't need excuses from me or anyone else.

    Me thinks we might be witnessing some dirt late model envy because NO ONE that has come from the generic dirt late model ranks can come anywhere close to what Larson has accomplished in so many different types of cars. There have been those who have tried but failed to make the grade. If that pisses you off, good. It was meant to! LOL!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    942

    Default

    Kyle Larsen will be back in Nascar in '21 or '22 behind the wheel of a Tony Stewart owned car.

    The kid made a mistake, everyone loves a comeback story, and TS don't give a $#!@ about what anyone thinks.

    It's not like Nascar is any position to say "NO" to bringing back an Asian-Amercan driver. They'll put up token resistance, have a presser, and release a kumbaya love each other, we're the example of forgiveness statement, and wind up being the "good guys."

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Kyle Larsen will be back in Nascar in '21 or '22 behind the wheel of a Tony Stewart owned car.The kid made a mistake, everyone loves a comeback story, and TS don't give a $#!@ about what anyone thinks. It's not like Nascar is any position to say "NO" to bringing back an Asian-Amercan driver. They'll put up token resistance, have a presser, and release a kumbaya love each other, we're the example of forgiveness statement, and wind up being the "good guys."
    I'm not a nascar fan at all but Nascar did not ban or fire larson they only reprimanded him and he did what they asked. So him and nascar are square. He is only out of nascar because his sponsors dropped him their for ganassi had to fire him its unfortunate but nascar and ganassi did nothing wrong or excessive in this situation

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    You can play all the childish games with semantics you want but the facts are what they are whether you can allow yourself to accept them or not. The facts are that Larson is one of the best all around drivers in the world today. His resume' more that supports that claim. He's won races in virtually everything he's ever driven and that includes Cup races. If Larson took driving a dirt late model seriously he'd win big in those, too! Larson doesn't need excuses from me or anyone else.

    Me thinks we might be witnessing some dirt late model envy because NO ONE that has come from the generic dirt late model ranks can come anywhere close to what Larson has accomplished in so many different types of cars. There have been those who have tried but failed to make the grade. If that pisses you off, good. It was meant to! LOL!
    Generic latemodels, as you call them, have no career path to future greatness. So, of course, no one moves on to greatness. It's a much easier path in the open wheel world. Late models are only a decade removed from the everyman's race car.

    A wealthy family with a talented youngster would be stupid to put him in a dlm.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway-2. Ohio Valley-1
    East Bay-2. Lawrenceburg-2
    All-Tech-1. Florence-3
    Volusia-1. Portsmouth-3
    Jackson -5 I77 -1
    Mudlick -1
    Moler -2
    Atomic-2

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Generic latemodels, as you call them, have no career path to future greatness. So, of course, no one moves on to greatness. It's a much easier path in the open wheel world. Late models are only a decade removed from the everyman's race car.

    A wealthy family with a talented youngster would be stupid to put him in a dlm.
    Tell that to Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). I know he's the exception, not the rule.

    End of the day, it comes down to $$$ and sponsors that come along with that $$$.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Tell that to Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). I know he's the exception, not the rule.

    End of the day, it comes down to $$$ and sponsors that come along with that $$$.
    Tyler also didn't use dlm to get noticed. They paid his way to pavement. Either way, the exception that doesn't invalidate the rule.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway-2. Ohio Valley-1
    East Bay-2. Lawrenceburg-2
    All-Tech-1. Florence-3
    Volusia-1. Portsmouth-3
    Jackson -5 I77 -1
    Mudlick -1
    Moler -2
    Atomic-2

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Truth or Consequences New Mexico
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    I'm definitely not p'oed. Laughing just as much as you are

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    256

    Default

    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.
    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.
    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.
    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.
    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.

    Gee whiz how hard is this to grasp?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    525

    Default

    You forget the other part of Stewart -Haas. Haas has been more the willing to self fund his race team in the past. If he every gives up F1 he would have plenty of cash to throw around.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Rajflyboy..

    Doesnt matter what Larson was doing that night.. doesnt matter who he was with.. doesnt matter what he said. If sponsors leave, you have no ride. If Kyle Busch said all Asians are ignorant.. he would be out at JGR this week. The sponsors would leave and JGR would have no choice but to let him go. I do agree it is unfortunate that Larson had his world turned upside down for a slip of the tongue.
    THIS^^^^^^^


    BTW I am a huge fan of Larson. He will have plenty of options when all this dies down. He is too good to ignore for any Race Car team for very long.!!!

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Kyle Larsen will be back in Nascar in '21 or '22 behind the wheel of a Tony Stewart owned car.

    The kid made a mistake, everyone loves a comeback story, and TS don't give a $#!@ about what anyone thinks.

    It's not like Nascar is any position to say "NO" to bringing back an Asian-Amercan driver. They'll put up token resistance, have a presser, and release a kumbaya love each other, we're the example of forgiveness statement, and wind up being the "good guys."
    THIS^^^^^^

    If anyone can get him sponsored it will be Stewart. See what happens

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    You forget the other part of Stewart -Haas. Haas has been more the willing to self fund his race team in the past. If he every gives up F1 he would have plenty of cash to throw around.
    Another option for sure. SHR also needs a shot in the arm right now. Other than Harvick, not much happening.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Hass automation will probably be his next Main corporate sponsor, associate sponsors will be determined at a latter date. Haas can pickup the tab for the next ten years if he and Tony want him in the seat!!!

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.
    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.
    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.
    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.
    SPONSORS WILL DETERMINE IF LARSON IS IN CUP AGAIN... NOT TONY STEWART.

    Gee whiz how hard is this to grasp?
    Good thing Haas' sponsor is...Haas! If you haven't put two and two together yet, you may want to save the, "LOOK HOW INTELLIGENT I AM" posts.

    PS Larson has sponsors now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.