Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Larson

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    If he drove a Haas formula one car would do nothing but run in the back, that car is not good enough for anyone to run up front.
    Jay, go back through this thread and you will be educated to the fact that quality of equipment and team personnel really isn't a determining factor in how successful a driver can be. The racecar is only limited by driver talent, bravery , skill and determination! If the driver is a winner then the car will win. Got it?! I'm kidding, of course, but there is at least one chucklehead here that espouses to that line of crackpot thinking! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Jay, go back through this thread and you will be educated to the fact that quality of equipment and team personnel really isn't a determining factor in how successful a driver can be. The racecar is only limited by driver talent, bravery , skill and determination! If the driver is a winner then the car will win. Got it?! I'm kidding, of course, but there is at least one chucklehead here that espouses to that line of crackpot thinking! LOL!
    Might be true on a dirt track but AIN’T gonna be true in F1

True, but top F1 teams recognize and do know this. Larson would be immediately judged against his teammate who would be in same machinery. He wouldn’t have to Win in F1 in a Hass. Just out perform a more experienced teammate and put the car in the points on a consistent basis. The better teams would give him a call. As much as I’d LOVE to see him get a shot in F1. I don’t see it happening. Still not a bad idea though, an American driver in an American F1 team would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I'm not a nascar fan at all but Nascar did not ban or fire larson they only reprimanded him and he did what they asked. So him and nascar are square. He is only out of nascar because his sponsors dropped him their for ganassi had to fire him its unfortunate but nascar and ganassi did nothing wrong or excessive in this situation
    Nascar suspended him indefinitely.

"Nascar suspended him indefinitely."

I, as a race fan, have suspended NASCAR permanently! Suspended on the totality of its stupidity, which is overwhelming.

I think Larson has a more difficult time with longer races. Great at the short stuff.

Perhaps he’s a modern day Cole Trickle.

Well the aunt jemima sponsor is out then. There changing the name.

Larson wins his 8th straight race tonight at Putnamville!! Started 15th. This is his 10th straight win driving a midget! I question whether Larson is human.

His legend grows with every race!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I think Larson has a more difficult time with longer races. Great at the short stuff.
    There is ample evidence to the contrary. I saw him win long races on dirt.......TWICE!

Raj, how do you explain away the fact that Larson dominated the USAC Silver Crown Ted Horn Memorial 100 at Du Quoin on the 1 mile dirt track and the 98 lap Turkey Night Grand Prix on the short 1/2 mile at Perris, CA? 100 laps on a legitimate 1 mile dirt track is NOT a short race

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Larson wins his 8th straight race tonight at Putnamville!! Started 15th. This is his 10th straight win driving a midget! I question whether Larson is human.

His legend grows with every race!
    Does anybody have this many wins in a row on record?🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    Does anybody have this many wins in a row on record?樂樂
    Probably. But I'd wager it wasn't in 2 completely different types of race cars on big 1/2 miles and bull rings against the very best in the business.

The 10 in a row in a midget is probably more impressive given that he won on outdoor bull rings at Placerville and Ventura, 1/3 mile at Bakersfield, and 2 different indoor venues with one of the indoor races being one of the toughest, if not THE toughest, races to win in all of dirt racing.

Every race Larson wins just pads his status as a dirt track racing legend!

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    Does anybody have this many wins in a row on record?樂樂
    Ask Doug Wolfgang he did 17 in a row back in the 1980's with different series.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Larson has WON at 72 different tracks, according to the FLO announcer tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Ask Doug Wolfgang he did 17 in a row back in the 1980's with different series.
    That 17 in a row may have been with different series' but there is a good chance it happened driving the same type of racecar.

The vast majority of Wolfgang's victories were in winged sprint cars in either the ASCoC's or WoO's, which are, for the most part, the same cars. IIRC he had a few wins in ASCS. Taking nothing away from Wolfy but Larson has been relatively successful in both winged and wingless car's in spite of never really racing either one on a full time basis until now. Larson won all 3 USAC National divisions at Eldora at the 4 Crown and had never even seen the place before that night. That was accomplished in not only 3 different series but in 3 completely different types of race cars in just one night. Wolfy was never able to pull that off. Larson also won the Belleville Midget Nationals and he'd never seen the wicked and scary fast Belleville High Banks prior to that victory.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-19-2020 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Larson has WON at 72 different tracks, according to the FLO announcer tonight.
    THAT is one mind boggling statistic!

Don't have time to look into it but thought Steve Kinser won at over 130 different tracks in his career.

That's why he will forever be the king. Steve Kinser

100 laps is different than 330 laps (no pit stops either)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    That's why he will forever be the king. Steve Kinser
    I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t have an LM ride at Cedar Lake. I’d have to imagine car owners from near and far are jumping to get him in a ride for that weekend...especially considering it’s live on CBS Sports July 4