Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larson

Default Larson

What's it going to take to get this dude behind the wheel of a late model? Even if it's just one race. How awesome would it be to see him run Eldora in a late model? The streak he is on right now is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    What's it going to take to get this dude behind the wheel of a late model? Even if it's just one race. How awesome would it be to see him run Eldora in a late model? The streak he is on right now is unreal.
    WOO Sprints are more prestigious than late models, they run 80 plus nights a year plus lots of corporate sponsorship money. Would he struggle like as Schotz in a late model?

He came close to testing a Bloomquist car and stated he'd like to as well as an open wheel modified.

https://racingnews.co/2020/03/05/kyl...rt-late-model/

Sprint cars just don’t seem as exciting today. Maybe Larson is a boost that big time sprint car needs. I see Dirt Late Model as the best racing on dirt now a days. I guess we will see how it pans out. It’s sad that a kid makes 1 mistake and gets his world turned upside down (no discipline route at all.. just one word and you are fried). Was Kyle even working/racing in a Chip Ganassi racing capacity that night? Or just IRacing on his own accord?

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    WOO Sprints are more prestigious than late models, they run 80 plus nights a year plus lots of corporate sponsorship money. Would he struggle like as Schotz in a late model?
    I'm not debating that. I'm asking if we could see him race just 1 big late model race.

I think we could. Like the article I linked above stated though, he wants to do it the right way through practice and probably a few races before hand which is understandable. The list of drivers good in both sprints/late models seems to be MUCH smaller then list of drivers switching from other type of cars. I think he could certainly pull it off though as he's been fast in everything. Probably just keeping low and sticking to his thing for now. He'll get more chances down the road.

I'm surprised he's never worked out anything with Clint to run or at least test one of his cars

There is a very good chance that Kyle will race a dirt late model at some point.

He would bring a tremendous amount of interest to late models outside of their niche' fan following given that he's as close to a household name as there is racing on dirt and is solidly in the argument of being the best all around driver in the world today. His resume' indisputably proves that.

Kyle is in the absolute prime of his driving career right now. And besides all of that, he's widely known to be a good kid and generally drives people clean.

He'll be going for 7 in row tonight driving a USAC Midget at Gas City, Indiana! 3 in a row with the All Stars, 2 in a row with the WoO's and last night in a USAC Midget at Paragon, Indiana.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-17-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    I wouldn’t say Donnie struggles in the late model, he has wins in it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Rajflyboy..

Doesnt matter what Larson was doing that night.. doesnt matter who he was with.. doesnt matter what he said. If sponsors leave, you have no ride. If Kyle Busch said all Asians are ignorant.. he would be out at JGR this week. The sponsors would leave and JGR would have no choice but to let him go. I do agree it is unfortunate that Larson had his world turned upside down for a slip of the tongue.

DirtThis brings up a good question. Are big time drivers employees or are they treated as independent contractors? Employees have rights now a days. I’m sure there was a termination agreement in this situation. You get X and you sign paperwork that you will not pursue legal action in the future. It’s all in the details of the written contacts of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Rajflyboy..

Doesnt matter what Larson was doing that night.. doesnt matter who he was with.. doesnt matter what he said. If sponsors leave, you have no ride. If Kyle Busch said all Asians are ignorant.. he would be out at JGR this week. The sponsors would leave and JGR would have no choice but to let him go. I do agree it is unfortunate that Larson had his world turned upside down for a slip of the tongue.
    Known as the cancel culture........they don't like or agree with you, they cancel you out and move along to the next victim they don't agree with.

It has no color barrier.......it's more of the entitleists that think only their opinion matters.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Known as the cancel culture........they don't like or agree with you, they cancel you out and move along to the next victim they don't agree with.It has no color barrier.......it's more of the entitleists that think only their opinion matters.
    This this this and also why I’d like someone to challenge this pc garbage in court (to see where it goes). Perfect employee says something outside of work (then loses everything)(never given a chance for recovery through a discipline program of some sort).

I dont have all the answers.. I do think it's unfair that Larson was out because of what he said.. something that is said in many rap songs this day and age. I WAS a huge nascar guy.. no longer after the flag ban. I didnt watch a single lap this past Sunday. But it is unfair to blame nascar in Larson's case. Sponsors drive the sport. If he played golf he could play golf without sponsors.

Not sure what you would sue in court as far as PC goes. Not saying you are wrong because it is getting ridiculous. Just a company that sponsors someone does not want a person that may make their company look bad.

Larson has now drawn a bounty from Mr. & Mrs. Richard Marshall (the Marshall's are co-owners of Clauson-Marshall Racing who field USAC sprints & midgets) for the remainder of Indiana Midget Week. The Marshall's will pay an additional $1,000.00 minimum to anyone besides Kyle Larson who wins any of the remaining A-main's on the IMW schedule. That $1,000.00 is in addition to the winners share of the regular IMW purse. If Kyle wins the A-main the Marshall's will donate the $1,000.00 to the Indiana Donor Network in Larson’s name.

Kyle Larson has won 8 STRAIGHT midget races and has not failed to win on U.S. soil while competing in a midget dating back to November of 2019. He won at Placerville, Bakersfield and Ventura, California in November and won both nights in the dome at St. Louis in December. He won his Chili Bowl prelim night A-main and also the big one, The Chili Bowl Saturday night A-main finale'. Then won again last night on the first night of IMW. When throw in the 5 straight wins in a WoO and ASCoC 410 winged sprint car over the past couple of weeks that is quite an accomplishment. I can't recall anyone winning that much against that degree of quality competition! Is there ANY doubt that Larson is the best dirt driver in the country right now? None whatsoever!

http://usacracing.com/component/k2/i...N-Wzs-Bvf3Kpno

Drivers are considered employees only to their teams. When it comes to sponsors, it's a general contractor type situation but generally depends on the wording of a contract. Usually in a sponsorship deal you're representing a brand/company, not directly working for them. Like I said in another post. When you sign these contracts you're basically signing your life away but it is for Millions of dollars so you have to weigh that out. It's easy to look over some of the fine print when you're focusing on all those dollar signs. Kind of like when football teams put in their contract that a player is not allowed to ride a motorcycle or do any other activities that could be considered a higher risk of injury.

Im hoping I get to see him behind the weel of a sprint car and late model at Cedar Lake in 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    There is a very good chance that Kyle will race a dirt late model at some point.

He would bring a tremendous amount of interest to late models outside of their niche' fan following given that he's as close to a household name as there is racing on dirt and is solidly in the argument of being the best all around driver in the world today. His resume' indisputably proves that.

Kyle is in the absolute prime of his driving career right now. And besides all of that, he's widely known to be a good kid and generally drives people clean.

He'll be going for 7 in row tonight driving a USAC Midget at Gas City, Indiana! 3 in a row with the All Stars, 2 in a row with the WoO's and last night in a USAC Midget at Paragon, Indiana.
    So was he past his prime in NASCAR or did he just suck @ss.

Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    So was he past his prime in NASCAR or did he just suck @ss.

Asking for a friend...
    I’d say he didn’t suck enough @ss in NASCAR...
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

From the way Kensenth has been running it looks like he was over performing