Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Larson

So if Haas Automation agrees to sponsor Larson then is that not a sponsor? Suppose Gene Haas decides not to sponsor Larson, maybe he likes Custer.. or maybe doesnt like the backlash he may get. Tony Stewart is not the one that will get Larson back in cup.. it will be the one willing to spend 15 million.

Word is Tony Stewart totes the covid 19 stuff hard core. Wants tracks shut down. So.. I’m guessing he wouldn’t be one to give Larson a shot. Want want the brand to be affected in any way.

Lol that’s not true at all

Default kyle larson

8 straight wins...need a lm ride

Quote Originally Posted by dlmfan View Post
    8 straight wins...need a lm ride
    Seven, but yeah. He's a bad mofo!!

Kyle larson can't be racist, he loves all races😂

Kyle makes it 7 in a row row tonight counting the 3 ASCoC and 2 WoO wins along with his win last night at Paragon and winning the Gas City Indiana Midget Week race there tonight. Came from 14th to win it. I believe that makes 9 straight midget wins since November of 2019.

I think Larson might just be able to make a decent living racing dirt!

Rumble Yung Muny rumble!
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-17-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kyle makes it 7 in a row row tonight counting the 3 ASCoC and 2 WoO wins along with his win last night at Paragon and winning the Gas City Indiana Midget Week race there tonight. Came from 14th to win it. I believe that makes 9 straight midget wins since November of 2019.

I think Larson might just be able to make a decent living racing dirt!

Rumble Yung Muny rumble!

Great news. Hope he stays on his winning streak

Just walked in from Gas City. Yep!! 7 in a row, and the 14th to 3rd run in 12 laps was absolutely incredible. The slider on Sunshine for the win was textbook. What was most impressive was the post race interview where he talked about mental side of his win. His “awareness” during the race, recalling specific laps, and what was going on ---- was second to none that I’ve ever seen or heard in an interview.

Far as Gene Haas goes, if I own an F1 team and Kyle Larson is unemployed, I swing for that fence. I don't worry about putting him in a taxi cab again. He can do that after he gets too old for top level open wheel cars, about 4 more years.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Interesting thought. I'd love to see what he could do in F1, he's a great talent.

If I was richard petty I would get a 2nd car and hire larson to be bubbas mentor!

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    If I was richard petty I would get a 2nd car and hire larson to be bubbas mentor!
    Funny. It’s time for Richard to take his name and number off the car.

Petty doesn't have controlling interest in the 43 team anymore. It moved out of level cross years ago. He shows up for guest appearances that's about it. I'm not sure who owns the number anymore. Kyle Petty has no interest in team petty whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Petty doesn't have controlling interest in the 43 team anymore. It moved out of level cross years ago. He shows up for guest appearances that's about it. I'm not sure who owns the number anymore. Kyle Petty has no interest in team petty whatsoever.
    True and has be.en talked about. I think he should drop out completely now and retire to go spend time with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kyle makes it 7 in a row row tonight counting the 3 ASCoC and 2 WoO wins along with his win last night at Paragon and winning the Gas City Indiana Midget Week race there tonight. Came from 14th to win it. I believe that makes 9 straight midget wins since November of 2019.I think Larson might just be able to make a decent living racing dirt!Rumble Yung Muny rumble!
    Buddy kofoid continues to impress

I love his nickname "Young money".

Quote Originally Posted by callmez View Post
    Interesting thought. I'd love to see what he could do in F1, he's a great talent.
    If he drove a Haas formula one car would do nothing but run in the back, that car is not good enough for anyone to run up front.

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    If he drove a Haas formula one car would do nothing but run in the back, that car is not good enough for anyone to run up front.
    Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Buddy kofoid continues to impress
    He really does Dlmfan. Larson had a much tougher time driving around Kofoid than he did Tyler Courtney and Sunshine is considered one of the best there is right now in a midget. Kofoid was highly impressive at The Chili Bowl last January and he's probably only going to get better. It's a good bet that Kofiod learned some things last night while racing Larson for the lead that he'll use in the future. Kofoid is a great young talent.

The guy whose performance we were most disappointed with last night was Thomas Meseraull. He crashed everything he drove. He crashed his primary midget in qualifying, crashed the back-up midget in the A-main and crashed the sprint car in the A-main! TMez is not only fun and very exciting to watch to watch but he's by far the best interview in racing today at any level or discipline. Last night was NOT his finest hour, however.

Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    I love his nickname "Young money".
    zooker, not nitpickin' but Larson prefers his nickname to be spelled Yung Muny! LOL!

I believe the more remarkable fact about this streak Larson is on is that he hasn't finished lower than #1 in the last 9 midget races he's competed in. He has accomplished this driving several different midgets. He owns a special car for the indoor races and owns a midget he races on the outdoor tracks, in which he won the Turkey Night Grand Prix, and now during IMW he's driving a car owned by Tucker-Boat Motorsports.

What we're witnessing is one of the great performances of dirt racing of all time. I didn't believe it could get any more impressive than Jack Hewitt winning all 4 of the Four Crown Nationals in one night but this deal with Larson spanning over 7 months is eclipsing even that incredible accomplishment!
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-18-2020 at 10:05 AM.