Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Larson

USAC midget series has very legit group of drivers and he isn’t starting on the front row every night. Remarkable feat, Christopher Bell may be the only nationally recognized midget driver that can get on the same level with Larson night in and night out and he’s not running dirt presently, darn NASCAR.
    I hate time trials.

Larson May be a needed boost for sprint car racing. It hasn’t been as good after Kinser and Sammy retired.

5 pages now on Larson- thought this was a late model thread?

King Kinser is just that, the King! There is no diminishing his accomplishments by anyone with even minimal knowledge of racing. In all probability Kinser won at 130 or more different tracks but he also raced competitively until he was 60+ years old and Larson is yet to reach half that age. I doubt Larson will race that long but he's got time to pad the wins at different tracks stat.

Raj, are you now comparing the NASCAR marathon's to what Larson is doing these days? You've implied Larson might not have the talent, skill, bravery, patience and car/tire management moxie to win a 100 lap dirt late model race. You're moving the goal posts. Larson has won a half dozen Cup races so he has to have at least a little ability to manage longer races.

Kazual, you took the words right out of my mouth. Today's USAC midget division is stacked with very, very good drivers. Tyler Courtney, Thomas Meseraull, Brady Bacon, Justin Grant, up an comers like Buddy Kofoid and Cannon McIntosh. Those are some great midget drivers and they're all driving for top notch teams! Bell, at times, frustrates Larson and is the only guy in his league on a night to night basis. It's a great time to be a midget fan!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    It started out with a late model question.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    The OP started this thread opining that it would be interesting and entertaining if Larson were to give dirt late models a whirl. It had to be expected that it would get off late models at some point and I am partially responsible. I personally apologize for aiding in this thread taking on a theme that isn't to your dirt late model liking. Sorry.

Yes it did which was a good question- but after 5 pages it has steered way off course! But you know Pennsboro/ that’s typical here!- lol

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The OP started this thread opining that it would be interesting and entertaining if Larson were to give dirt late models a whirl. It had to be expected that it would get off late models at some point and I am partially responsible. I personally apologize for aiding in this thread taking on a theme that isn't to your dirt late model liking. Sorry.
    I have no problems with it.

I believe the streak has ended for larson. Chris windom wins the A main tonight

Streak did end. Larson got 2nd. Was 3rd and the 2nd place car broke on last lap. Windom got win after breaking to front about midway thru. Battle for 2nd thru 4th or 5th was incredible for most of the race. These midget races are great stuff.

So a dam cracker gets the bounty $