Default Malvern Bank SLMR Series

Hey, quick question, can someone give me the simple explanation of what the motor rules are? Sorry to sound dumb, just curious. Gonna go support the Kosiski's and Jeff Hoker and looking to catch about 8 of their shows. Just curios as to who can run what. Thanks, lets go racing!

It's a series that runs a blend of all the local Late Model rules, so open motors are legal , IMCA Spec motors are legal, WISSOTA motors are legal, the 3 major GM crates the 602,604, and CT525 are legal, so are built small blocks. Then you add in restrictor plates and weight adjustments. The series is on Hoosier WRS and WRS-2's D55's. Then weights run anywhere from 2200 for the crates up to some of the open motors based on materials, CI, and heads up to 2400.

Basically they have tried to cut the power down on all engines to the 575 to 600HP mark and adjusted weights to make them all competitive. As far as I can tell, they are close besides any of the crate engines which aren't competitive on average but I don't think the 525 is that far off but not up to par.

It's almost impossible to say if they are all fairly equal as quality of the teams running what package has a large effect on that so it's a guess. I do think there are some packages better then others if you want to spend the money but would be vastly more expensive (likely double engine build cost) if you really wanted to take advantage of it.

Thanks for info!