FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 17, 2020

Breazeale Captures First Win of the Season at Deep South
Magnolia Motor Speedway’s Clash at the Mag Next

LAUREL, Miss. (06/17/20) – David Breazeale piloted the Henderson Motorsports No. 10 L&D Trucking/ Longhorn Chassis/ Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model to the team’s first win of the season on Friday.

Entering the Southern All Star Racing Series Duals in Dixie at Deep South Speedway (Loxley, Alabama), the defending Series champion cashed in a $3,000 payday in Friday night’s opener.

“I still had a little left in the tank,” Breazeale said. “I kept looking at the scoreboard and counting the laps down. I looked up and saw it was three (laps) to go and I had three lapped cars in front of me. And I was listening to Josh back behind me, and I knew I had a little bit of room. I could tell he was gaining on me, but like I said, I was backing off just trying not to catch them lapped cars. I didn’t want to mess up coming to the checkers."

Laying down the fastest lap in his time trial group, Breazeale locked into the pole position for Friday’s A-Main. Jumping into the lead on the drop of the green flag, David led wire-to-wire in the 30-lapper to capture his first win of the season. Josh Putnam, Larry Harrod, Sam Seawright, and Joseph Joiner completed the Top-5 finishers.

On Saturday evening for the second round of the Duals in Dixie, David again topped the speed charts in his group, which positioned him on the front row for the finale. With $5,000 on the line, Breazeale came one spot shy of a Top-5 finish in the 50-lap affair with a sixth place outing.

Full results from these events are available at www.SASDirt.com.

The upcoming weekend – June 18-20 – will see David Breazeale compete in the annual Clash at the Mag at Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Miss.). The three-day event sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will be a full program with a $5,000-to-win features on Thursday and Friday. The action-packed weekend culminates with a $15,000-to-win finale on Saturday.

For more information on the event, please visit www.MagnoliaDirt.com or www.LucasDirt.com.

Henderson Motorsports would like to thank their marketing partners, including L&D Trucking, Cornett Racing Engines, Longhorn Chassis, X-Treme Graphics by J-Rod, Smith Auto Parts and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For more information on Henderson Motorsports, please visit www.HendersonMotorsports.net .