Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blue Ridge Late Model series

What do you know about it? I may go check them out this weekend.

Good little series, doesn't pay much so you won't see any big names. However, for the limited budget teams it gives them a chance and it can be a good show. Biggest issue is they try and travel to far for their team base so the races end up being more of a 'local' show.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Good little series, doesn't pay much so you won't see any big names. However, for the limited budget teams it gives them a chance and it can be a good show. Biggest issue is they try and travel to far for their team base so the races end up being more of a 'local' show.
    Thanks for the update. I would think a smaller track like East Lincoln would be perfect for a series like this.

It is, all three races at East went well last year. Two where really good....

It is, all three races at East went well last year. Two where really good....
    It’s a bit of a drive but I have enjoyed the track when we have made the trip.

Personally, like the people hate the track itself; narrow and one lane. They need to take out the inside wall, widen the track and put progressive banking to it....

Despite my feelings on the track itself, the Blue Ridge show will probably turn out well this weekend if it doesn't rain.

One of my favorite series to watch. Usually not a big-name series, although you get to see Ricky Weeks sometimes, and Matthew Nance is a good watch as well. Always enjoy their shows. Not a fan of East Lincoln personally, but they have races later this year at Friendship and Wythe (hopefully) that will be worthwhile.

More banking would be nice Chance of rain still.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    One of my favorite series to watch. Usually not a big-name series, although you get to see Ricky Weeks sometimes, and Matthew Nance is a good watch as well. Always enjoy their shows. Not a fan of East Lincoln personally, but they have races later this year at Friendship and Wythe (hopefully) that will be worthwhile.
    Ricky weeks has ran a couple super races this yr. Idk if its a 2nd car or what. But yea i have seen his name pop up in the blue ridge series

Ricky Weeks was at Lancaster for the Ultimate race. Looks like enough cars are showing up at East Lincoln to make it interesting. Sprint Cars at Carolina tomorrow night.

The redraw the Blue Ridge use at times can make it interesting, might be some passing if the quick cars get moved back a couple of rows.

Personally, like the people hate the track itself; narrow and one lane. They need to take out the inside wall, widen the track and put progressive banking to it....
    That could be said for almost every track in the south lol

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback29A1 View Post
    That could be said for almost every track in the south lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_6sNPDw1jY140 mph into turn 3. I’d say the south is just fine

Does Ray Evernham have anything to do with East Lincoln now a days?

No, Ray sold it a few years ago.

Gotcha. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrI1JwvTQyE Looks like fun right there.

Ricky been running the Blue Ridge series the last couple of years. I spoke with Ricky and his crew at Cherokee after the Ultimate race. In their words, "They wanted to go fast one more time". They have a Clements motor for super racing this year. Ricky said he has to get back in "Super" shape, but they felt their first night back in super competition went well. As a long time fan of Ricky and as he is a hometown guy, I am excited to see him running supers again this year.
    Last edited by Tarheelsc; 06-19-2020 at 07:20 AM.

I agree Tarheel