FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 18, 2020

Gregg Satterlee Conquers Port Royal for First Win of 2020
Prepares for Selinsgrove National Open this Saturday

INDIANA, Pa. (06/18/20) – On Saturday night, Gregg Satterlee enjoyed the spoils of Victory Lane for the first time in 2020, racing to a $2,500 at Port Royal (Pa.) Speedway.

The triumph marked Satterlee’s fifth-career win at the monster half-mile oval, better known as “The Speed Palace.” It was the track’s first event in 91 days as a result of the COVID-19 shutdown.

“I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time we won here, but it feels like it’s been a while,” said Satterlee. “You have got to be good here to win, so it says we are doing something right and I’m pretty proud of this one.”

Gregg posted a second-place finish in his heat behind Kyle Lee, which positioned him fourth on the starting grid for the main event.

After a caution on the second lap erased his pass for the lead over Scott Flickinger, Satterlee blasted past Flickinger on the ensuing restart to assume command of the top spot.

Navigating his way through lapped traffic late in the feature, Satterlee soared to his first win of the season by a 2.857 second margin over Rick Eckert, Trevor Feathers, Jason Covert, and Marvin Winters.

“We haven’t gotten to race much here lately, so I feel like we haven’t been all that good really,” said Satterlee. “I was kind of just riding behind those lap cars and I knew Rick was coming and I needed to start moving. If I was going to lose, it wasn’t going to be sitting behind lap cars waiting for sure.”

Earlier in the weekend, Satterlee visited Thunder Mountain Speedway (Knox Dale, Pa.) for the Zimmer’s United Late Model Series season-opener. Drawing a stout field of 35 cars on Friday, Gregg laid down the fourth fastest time in his group before placing second in his heat behind Doug Drown. Earning the seventh-starting position for the $3,000-to-win A-Main, Gregg dropped five spots to record a 12th place outing.

For full results from these events, please visit www.ULMSRacing.com and www.PortRoyalSpeedway.com.

This Saturday, June 20 will find Satterlee returning to Selinsgrove (Pa.) Speedway for the 22nd Annual Super Late Model National Open, a $4,000-to-win event. To learn more about this event, visit www.SelinsgroveSpeedway.com.

Gregg Satterlee would like to thank his marketing partners including Keyser Manufacturing, Valvoline, Classic Ink, Integra Shocks and Springs, Rocket Chassis, All About Wraps, Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic, Hooker Harness, Simpson Racing Products, Diversified Machine Inc/ Bulldog Rear Ends, Keizer Wheels, Wiles Driveshafts, VP Racing Fuels, AFCO, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest news, updates, and other information regarding Gregg Satterlee, please visit www.GreggSatterlee.com .