Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

La Salle Speedway? Must be a mistake. Track has been closed and for sale for some time now. Unless I missed something.

Track is listed as turn key. Tony is still promoting. He promotes the Mars series. So who knows. It has been brought up on the La Salle FB page, and La Salle has not responded.

I thought maybe somebody else promoting Lasalle SN race. Seems odd Tony owns a series and would bring another series to the track instead of his own.

Could it be that he wants to avoid any conflict of interest claims? Just a thought.

Could be. Remember the good old days when Sr ran the track and the boys raced there. Good times.

I just saw on facebook that they revised the schedule again. Some minor changes I believe.

Is it confirmed that the Izzo's are promoting this race? It's rumored that a former racer from the general area is renting the facility and promoting the event. This same former racer is rumored to be interested in buying La Salle Speedway.

Most of you guys are wired in much tighter than I on this stuff. Any truth to this?
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-24-2020 at 01:11 PM.

I know it is very frustrating for you fans in the Summernationals area. You need to make plans and such. Just remember UMP is in the same boat Eldora is in. The State Health Departments are pretty much in control right now. I am not a fan of Sam Driggers- but he is probably pulling his hair out & smoking 2 cigarettes at a time to try and get a working schedule together for all of you. I understand your frustrations but it will iron out in someway. Not everyone will be satisfied- but none of us asked for this virus crap!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Is it confirmed that the Izzo's are promoting this race? It's rumored that a former racer from the general area is renting the facility and promoting the event. This same former racer is rumored to be interested in buying La Salle Speedway.Most of you guys are wired in much tighter than I on this stuff. Any truth to this?
    Who is the former racer? Whoever it is I hope they have lots of money to burn because that place is a loser for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    Who is the former racer? Whoever it is I hope they have lots of money to burn because that place is a loser for sure.
    It's a one time deal and the place will be packed.
    8/13/16

I have no idea what is going on/has gone on with La Salle but i would love more late model and modified racing there. Every time i have visited the racing has been excellent or tony put up a fight with mother nature that he couldn't win.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

The race track itself is a good track. I will be there for the he’ll tour is they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    I won't divulge the name, JayD. It's an unsubstantiated rumor and I was hoping someone in the know here would confirm or deny. The deal is far from being completed if it ever will be.

If the rumor is correct the potential buyer does not have money to burn. What I heard is that the rumored potential buyer is going to promote the upcoming race as a one off deal at this point.

I really hope the people promoting the La Salle Summernational event make good money. We'll be there, for sure.

All LaSalle is saying is, "After more than a year of no racing at LaSalle Speedway, track officials are re-opening the 1/4 mile ring for a July 15th race during the DIRTcar Summer Nationals “Hell Tour.”http://lasallespeedway.com/racing-re...W5cPkHopefully, with covid cases on the rise, this will still happen in two weeks?

Ive heard of a few possibles on buyers and 1 made an offer and they turned it down. Is the cases in Illinios going up last i knew a few days ago we were going down. But i dont listen to the news everyday. Way too busy for that.

It’s a great location to get fans from Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Chicago area. Really hope to see that track going again. I think running weekly against fals or FC would be a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Ive heard of a few possibles on buyers and 1 made an offer and they turned it down. Is the cases in Illinios going up last i knew a few days ago we were going down. But i dont listen to the news everyday. Way too busy for that.
    On the 10:00 news last night, there was only like a hand full of States that were not on the rise. Illinois was shown in the red, for rising cases.

Tyler Carpenter is going summer national racing next week. Plans to run the entire tour if he gets through the first week well.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 07-02-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Tyler Carpenter is going summer national racing next week. Plans to run the entire tour if he gets through the first week well.
    Wow just read that he should do really good in the S.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    thumbs up !.....................
    8/13/16