Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Championship goes to Shirley

What percentage of seats will the Illinois tracks be able to sale for these races?

It would be great if they all occur, but with covid-19 starting to spike again I personally would not buy any tickets/rent rooms unless they are guaranteed to be refundable.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    That's how it is on the new schedule. All of the track's Facebook pages confirmed those dates are correct. I have my vacation and hotels booked so they better not change it again.
    If you have a link to the schedule, please share.

This is all I've seen for a couple weeks.

https://dirtcarsummernationals.com/schedule/
    8/13/16

Fryefan, if farmer city this past weekend was any indication, they'll advertise the covid corrupt B's, but it will be standing room only come summer nationals time. That fat POS governor isn't going to control things for long!

I’m planning on coming down from Michigan and hitting Plymouth through Spoon Rive then going to the Lucas race at Tri-city then highland for the next night of summer nationals. Are all the hotels open in Illinois?
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Quote Originally Posted by kidrocket1 View Post
    Fryefan, if farmer city this past weekend was any indication, they'll advertise the covid corrupt B's, but it will be standing room only come summer nationals time. That fat POS governor isn't going to control things for long!
    How was the racing at Farmer City?

My personal opinion, the racing was great. Later start than advertised, but it was hot and the sun was killing the track. They put extra water down and did it right. There was only roughly 20 late models, but they put on a hell of a show. Opie, feger, shirley, and Weaver was awesome to watch for a regular show. There was a lot of first night jitters so to speak in all classes. All in all, I'm ready to go back! Track was racey all night if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrocket1 View Post
    My personal opinion, the racing was great. Later start than advertised, but it was hot and the sun was killing the track. They put extra water down and did it right. There was only roughly 20 late models, but they put on a hell of a show. Opie, feger, shirley, and Weaver was awesome to watch for a regular show. There was a lot of first night jitters so to speak in all classes. All in all, I'm ready to go back! Track was racey all night if that makes sense.
    Thanks for the report. Sounds like it was a fun night.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If you have a link to the schedule, please share.

This is all I've seen for a couple weeks.

https://dirtcarsummernationals.com/schedule/
    https://www.stlracing.com/2020/06/18...ised-schedule/

I thank you.
    8/13/16

That's tentative schedule doesn't mean official. Farmer city had 1,000 people or so in stands pretty good racing 3 out 4 features came down to last lap passes. They remodeled the woman's bathroom per fb. This Friday illinios goes to next phase. gatherings of 50 and dine in for bars an restaurants. Illinios cases are still declining.
    Last edited by t4g2; 06-23-2020 at 06:58 AM.

The tentative schedule was posted on the Hell Tour website but was later taken down. It now says that the tour has been postponed 2 weeks. I don't think I would be making too many plans at this point until something official comes from UMP. Brownstown had July 8th on their schedule and then changed it to July 14th. That date has since been taken down and it's now showing up on Plymouth's schedule. Who the hell knows for sure. Sam needs to get something posted other than "tentative" so folks can plan ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    The tentative schedule was posted on the Hell Tour website but was later taken down. It now says that the tour has been postponed 2 weeks. I don't think I would be making too many plans at this point until something official comes from UMP. Brownstown had July 8th on their schedule and then changed it to July 14th. That date has since been taken down and it's now showing up on Plymouth's schedule. Who the hell knows for sure. Sam needs to get something posted other than "tentative" so folks can plan ahead.
    Don’t expect anything better out of Sam. The best thing he could do for dirt racing is go away.

Agreed. However I don't expect hell to freeze over anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    We're doing the first 10 shows on that tentative schedule...all of the tracks except Brownstown and LaSalle have confirmed those new dates are correct on social media. I wouldn't think Driggers would change their date again, but who knows?

Why release a schedule if it's unconfirmed only to take it back down? Seems a tad unprofessional.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Why release a schedule if it's unconfirmed only to take it back down? Seems a tad unprofessional.
    I don't know for sure, but I imagine that it was a tentative schedule and it was not supposed to be posted to the public at that point.

My guess...
    WRG and Sam got a call from Cedar Lake.

CL stepped up and bailed WoO out July 3rd and 4th, with back-to-back 20k to win shows for both the Lates and sprints. As many are aware, they also host the highest paying DLM show on the WoO schedule with the USA nats.

I'm sure after ponying up $264K in prize money for the July WoO weekend, they were none too happy that Driggers thanked them by scheduling three SN races on top of the USA Nationals. Especially considering Pierce, Feger, Shirley, and Babb are yearly participants at the USA Nationals.

At a minimum, I'd expect the three IL dates that conflict with the USA Nats to be moved.

Don't think for a moment that Lucas Oil wouldn't love to add the USA Nationals to their schedule. WoO would be stupid to give CL any reason to explore that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    My guess...
    WRG and Sam got a call from Cedar Lake.

CL stepped up and bailed WoO out July 3rd and 4th, with back-to-back 20k to win shows for both the Lates and sprints. As many are aware, they also host the highest paying DLM show on the WoO schedule with the USA nats.

I'm sure after ponying up $264K in prize money for the July WoO weekend, they were none too happy that Driggers thanked them by scheduling three SN races on top of the USA Nationals. Especially considering Pierce, Feger, Shirley, and Babb are yearly participants at the USA Nationals.

At a minimum, I'd expect the three IL dates that conflict with the USA Nats to be moved.

Don't think for a moment that Lucas Oil wouldn't love to add the USA Nationals to their schedule. WoO would be stupid to give CL any reason to explore that possibility.

I had not thought about that, but it certainly is a possibility. Thanks for sharing the theory.

Here is the new schedule that was posted. Had a picture of it on my phone.

DATE - TRACK - LOCATION - PURSE
    July 8 - Brownstown Speedway - Brownstown, IN - $5,000
    July 9 - Peoria Speedway - Peoria, IL - $5,000
    July 10 - Tri-City Speedway - Granite City, IL - $10,000
    July 11 - Fairbury American Legion Speedway - Fairbury, IL - $10,000
    July 12 - Bullring at Rico County Fairgrounds - East Moline, IL - $5,000
    July 13 - OFF
    July 14 - Plymouth Speedway - Plymouth, IN - $5,000
    July 15 - LaSalle Speedway - LaSalle, IL - $5,000
    July 16 - Spoon River Speedway - Lewiston, IL - $5,000
    July 17 - Farmer City Raceway - Farmer City, IL - $10,000
    July 18 - Highland Speedway - Highland, IL - $10,000
    July 19 - OFF
    July 20 - OFF
    July 21 - OFF
    July 22 - OFF
    July 23 - Springfield Raceway - Springfield, MO - $5,000
    July 24 - Lake Ozark Speedway - Eldon, MO - $10,000
    July 25 - Clarksville Speedway - Clarksville, TN - $10,000
    July 26 - Belle-Clair Speedway - Belleville, IL - $5,000
    July 27 - OFF
    July 28 - OFF - WOO LM at Davenport
    July 29 - OFF
    July 30 - OFF
    July 31 - OFF - WOO LM - PDC at FALS
    August 1 - OFF - WOO LM - PDC at FALS
    August 2 - OFF
    August 3 - OFF
    August 4 - OFF
    August 5 - OFF
    August 6 - Jacksonville, Raceway - Jacksonville, IL - $5,000
    August 7 - Dirt Oval at Route 66 Raceway - Joliet, IL - $10,000
    August 8 - Sycamore Speedway - Maple Park, IL - $10,000
    August 9 - Quincy Raceway - Quincy, IL - $5,000
    August 10 - OFF
    August 11 - OFF
    August 12 - Wilmot Raceway - Wilmot, IL - $5,000
    August 13 - Macon Speedway - Macon, IL - $5,000
    August 14 - Fayette County Speedway - Brownstown, IL - $10,000
    August 15 - Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 - Pevely, MO - $10,000
    August 16 - Lincoln Speedway - Lincoln, IL - $5,000
    August 17 - OFF
    August 18 - Kankakee County Speedway - Kankakee, IL - $5,O00
    August 19 - Butler Speedway - Quincy, MI - $5,000
    August 20 - Thunderbird Raceway - Muskegon, MI - $5,000
    August 21 - Tri-City Motor Speedway - Auburn, MI - $10,000
    August 22 - Oakshade Raceway - Wauseon, OH - $10,000
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 06-23-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1