FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 18, 2020

Bobby Pierce Races to Second-Career CCSDS Victory
General Tire Clash at The Mag presented by Big River Steel Continues Friday

Columbus, Mississippi (06/18/20) – The COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) Super Late Models and Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) hooked horns on Friday night at Johnny Stokes’ Magnolia Motor Speedway during the opening round of the annual General Tire Clash at The Mag presented by Big River Steel.

Fifty-five drivers entered the event, but at the end of the night’s $5,000-to-win prelim one driver stood atop the competition. Picking up the victory in the night’s feature was Illinois racer, Bobby Pierce. The win marked the first of the year for the pilot of the No. 32, and his second-career CCSDS triumph. Additionally, it marked his 11th-career LOLMDS victory.

“I went back and watched the video from 2018 when I finished second here in this event, and I took notes of where I made mistakes. I knew I couldn’t catch the wall if I was running the top. I stayed up there for 25 laps tonight and was able to do my job and we finally got a win,” Pierce commented. “We’ll have to make some changes for the rest of the weekend if we want to contend for the big money on the final night, but we are going to enjoy this win tonight.”

From the New Vision Graphics Pole Position Jimmy Owens brought the field to the green flag, but it was fellow front-row-starter, Bobby Pierce who snagged the early advantage.

While Pierce set sail at the front of the field, Owens slipped to as far back to four before mounting a charge. The Tennessee racer battled side-by-side with Ross Bailes before taking over the second spot in the closing laps.

Pierce, Owens, and Bailes were followed across the finish line by Shane Clanton and Tyler Erb.

Action continues on Friday, June 19 with the second round of the General Tire Clash at the Mag - Presented by Big River Steel. The LOLMDS / CCSDS contingent will once again go to battle in another complete $5,000-to-win, MAVTV filmed event. In addition, complete programs are scheduled for the Mississippi Street Stock Series ($1,000-to-win / $75-to-start), Crate Racin’ USA Late Models ($700-to-win / $50-to-start), and Ranch House Diner Factory Stocks ($400-to-win $50-to-start).

Friday night’s driver’s meeting is slated for 7:00 p.m. with hot laps at 7:30 p.m.

The General Tire Clash at the Mag - Presented by Big River Steel earthshaking finale is set for Saturday, June 20. The night’s LOLMDS / CCSDS program is headlined by a $15,000-to-win, 100-lap finale, which will be shown on MAVTV at a later date. Rounding out the program are the MSSS Street Stocks ($1,000-to-win / $75-to-start), Crate Racin’ USA Late Models ($1,000-to-win / $50-to-start), and Glenn’s BBQ and Fish Late Model Sportsman ($500-to-win / $50-to-start).

Saturday’s drivers meeting is at 6:30 p.m. with racing action starting at 7:00 p.m.

Big River Steel is the world's first Flex Mill. The company broke ground in 2014 in northeast Arkansas and began steel production in 2016.

Big River Steel takes a visionary, entrepreneurial approach to the ever-changing American manufacturing industry. The company employees the best steel technicians in the business and has equipped them with the most advanced technology. This allows the Big River Steel to meet the steel customer’s needs not only today but also a decade from now.

To learn more about Big River Steel, please visit their website at www.BIGRIVERSTEEL.com .

For those unable to attend, all three nights of the event will air live on www.LucasOilRacing.TV .

Friday grandstand admission is $25 for adults. Kids (ages 6-10) are $5 with and children (ages 5 & under) free.

Saturday grandstand admission is $35 for adults with kids (ages 6-10) $5 and children (ages 5 & under) free.

Thursday pit admission is $35 for adults with kids (ages 6-10) $25, and children (ages 5 & under) free A three-day adult pit pass is $110.

Friday pit admission is $35 for adults with kids (ages 6-10) $25, and kids (ages 5 & under) free.

Saturday pit admission is $40 for adults with kids (ages 6-10) $30, and Kids (ages 5 & under) free.

A Four Wheeler / ATV / Side-By-Side pit pass for the weekend is $25.

For more information on the event, please call Johnny Stokes at 662-574-2572 or the track at 662-240-3478 and visit the track's website at www.MagnoliaDirt.com

The COMP Cams Super Dirt Series presented by Lucas Oil is sponsored by and would like to thank all of their sponsors including- COMP Cams, Lucas Oil, Pannell Chipping, VP Racing Fuels, Mark Martin Automotive, Keyser Manufacturing, P&W Sales, Allen Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, New Vision Graphics, Rocket Chassis, Midwest Sheet Metal, DirtOnDirt.com, Black Diamond Chassis, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Midwest Automation, Hoosier Race Tires, Bennings Heating & Air, Smiley’s Racing Products, Dixon Road U-Pull-It, Bad Boy Mowers, Beach Veterinarian Services, Air Power Consultants, Schoenfeld Headers, Hooker Harness, MI Truck Center, ASC Warranty, Quickcar Racing Products, Taylor Electric, M&M Paint, Horns Outdoors, Mid-State Golf Cars LLC, Delta Thunder Motorsports, Elia’s Mexican Grill, Advanced Powder Coating, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series presented by Lucas Oil, please visit www.COMPDirt.com .

COMP Cams Super Dirt Series – June 18, 2020
General Tire Clash at the Mag presented by Big River Steel
Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi)

Feature Finish
1)Bobby Pierce 2)Jimmy Owens 3)Ross Bailes 4)Shane Clanton 5)Tyler Erb 6)Billy Moyer 7)Tim McCreadie 8)Timothy Culp 9)Hudson O’Neal 10)Josh Richards 11)Neil Baggett 12)Kyle Bronson 13)Joseph Joiner 14)Jonathan Davenport 15)Spencer Hughes 16)Shanon Buckingham 17)Michael Page 18)Drew Armstrong 19)Michael Arnold 20)Billy Moyer Jr. 21)Devin Moran 22)Johnny Scott 23)Scott Dedwylder 24)Rick Rickman

DNS: Chad Thrash, Hunter Rasdon, Austin Smith, Morgan Bagley, Nick Thrash, Chad Mallett, Earl Pearson Jr., Tyler Bruening, Jesse Stovall, Frank Heckenast Jr., Devin Gilpin, Logan Martin, Kyle Beard, Steven Roberts, Shelby Sheedy, Doug Sanchagrin, Robbie Stuart, Tanner English, Josh Putnam, David Breazeale, Stormy Scott, Chris Brown, Eric Cooley, Joe Godsey, David Payne, Jamie Elam, Justin McRee

Entries: 55
Group A Fast Qualifier (and Overall): Jimmy Owens
Group B Fast Qualifier: Frank Heckenast Jr.
Integra Shocks & Springs Heat Race #1 Winner: Jimmy Owens
P&W Sales Heat Race #2 Winner: Tyler Erb
VP Racing Fuels Heat Race #3 Winner: Shane Clanton
Midwest Sheet Metal Heat Race #4 Winner: Bobby Pierce
Hoosier Race Tires Heat Race #5 Winner: Ross Bailes
Pannell Chipping Heat Race #6 Winner: Drew Armstrong
Keyser Manufacturing B-Main #1 Winner: Jonathan Davenport
Dixon Road U-Pull-It B-Main #2 Winner: Josh Richards
Allen Manufacturing Heat Race #3 Winner: Scott Dedwylder
New Vision Graphics Pole Sitter: Jimmy Owens
COMP Cams Top Performer: Bobby Pierce
Lap Leaders: Bobby Pierce (1-25)