Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Clash at the Mag

Is racing always like last night? That was some of the worst racing I’ve ever seen. And I’ve changed my tune NO SUPPORT CLASSES or 1 limited to 20 cars. The track announcer is pretty cool, I fell a sleep for a half hour. These $5000 to win shows are a joke for the drivers also as WOO must have a lot more funding than Lucas. You wonder why Overton is running WOO tonight and tomorrow and is staying away from the Lucas races this weekend.

Feature highlights looked pretty dang good to me. The battle for second was great.

I've seen WAY worse racing than last night. My biggest issue with last night was how SLOWLY everything went. Starting at 730? Over at 1130? Too long, especially on a Thursday.

Tuty
    Maybe you should just focus on NASCAR!

you must have slept through the battle for 2nd in the feature as it was intense. Not sure which race you were watching

His entire post was b——Ching!!

Maybe Overton isn't there because realistically thinking 3 days of racing, wear/tear and 8 hrs travel one way or 2 days of racing, wear/tear and like 3 hrs travel assuming they are coming from Kentucky. Total winnings there isn't a big difference between the two events.

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Yes, you're spot on, "boring" as all hell ! I paid for their internet coverage for every race and its not the great production they obviously think it is and for reasons such as their scoring monitor on Racepass going down in the middle of qualifying which might not have been their fault, their graphics dept. needs to understand that Spencer Hughes is there at the track ( NOT Austin Hubbard ), poor Spencer's name wasn't even acknowledged until feature time on the screen because he's running the 11H car.......and yes I know, knitpicky sh*t; but hey, the way their announcers brag up the fact they got 55 cars last night ( big deal ) and that (our) driver McCreadie won the Stream. there's times when I found myself turning down the sound and watching on " mute ". The one guy I do like listening to is Dave Arbogast in the pits, he's good at his job, and he understands where the action is with his camerman like when Moran had a flat tire early on. There's times when the Lucas announcers tries to poke little cracks at WoO but just remember guys " we're all in this together " because of the pandemic, and I'm just "grateful" that we still have a way to watch DLM racing without being there, which I personally miss. So cut out the digs, get the graphics dept on the stick, and quit trying to sugarcoat everything as a great race ( when it wasn't ). I wished just once an announcer would say " dam; that race wasn't all that exciting, but that 100 lapper on Saturday night promises to have action galore " These 25 lap races broken down like last night and tonight aren't cutting it with me personally, so I thank my lucky stars there's still Volunteer and Fairbury this weekend to watch. Competition with different series is always good for the soul if you're a HUGE DLM race fan like myself !

If you think about the 25 mappers- that makes the feature on 15 laps more than the heat races or 13 laps more than the b-mains. I realize it only paid 5k to win - but a 25 lap race just don’t make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Maybe Overton isn't there because realistically thinking 3 days of racing, wear/tear and 8 hrs travel one way or 2 days of racing, wear/tear and like 3 hrs travel assuming they are coming from Kentucky. Total winnings there isn't a big difference between the two events.
    Just hearsay from the pit area but was told that Overton wanted to go to Mag but the car owners wanted to go to Volunteer.

The best thing about 25 lappers is it’s go time from start to finish. None of that saving my tires strategy.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Just hearsay from the pit area but was told that Overton wanted to go to Mag but the car owners wanted to go to Volunteer.
    Smart choice

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Smart choice
    Maybe not, looks like they just got a monsoon. Video on Rocket1 twitter account.

Scattered rain chances

I nap more at the Mag than any other track. When the black ice wins, passing stops and it is follow the leader. The flat high speed tracks puts me to sleep, I like high bank bull rings, more traffic.

Some of you will b***h about anything. Last night’s show wasn’t bad at all. And the reason they do these prelim shows is because they’re a million times better than that crap with practice the first night, heats the second night and consy/feature only on night three. We get three full shows in three nights and you people still complain lol.

We have been shut down for months. we have so longed for racing, some states and tracks are shutdown still. We get to go back to racing now for just a little while and the complaining and sniveling starts in earnest. Some folks on this board will belly-ache if the won powerball and were paid in 20's. Appreciate this sport people, it is fragile and can be legislated to cease by the elected suits.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer.

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

For your information Terry, very, very seldom do I come on here and growl about anything, I'm lucky if I come on here a dozen times a year anymore, but I have an opinion and if you don't like it, that's tough sh*t ! I hate that format that u describe and always will. So laugh out loud at this
    Light My Fire / Doors
    Rooster / Alice in Chains
    Don't You Forget About Me / Simple Minds

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMagic1619* View Post
    For your information Terry, very, very seldom do I come on here and growl about anything, I'm lucky if I come on here a dozen times a year anymore, but I have an opinion and if you don't like it, that's tough sh*t ! I hate that format that u describe and always will. So laugh out loud at this
    I’m not sure I’ve ever seen you complain like this, so it is surprising — especially considering last night wasn’t nearly as bad as some of the stuff we see occasionally.

The Mag started the several nightly races a couple years ago. They wanted the purse money to be divided more among the drivers than one winner take all. All the fans showed up on the Saturday Night feature race and not on the Friday split pre races/time trials, thus making the fans show up more nights to make more money. Think about it, you get a feature race every night.