Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Owens didn't lead every lap/smile
    Fake news LOL
    Congrats to the O show

For someone to come on here and bash a track is absolutely classless. Johnny Stokes pours every once of energy into this track and did everything he could do on track prep. Sometimes it just misses. If you want to come on here and gripe and moan don’t watch it on Lucas Oil TV or don’t pay the money to come. Friday night he works the track for 30 minutes to provide best possible surface and people complain on here then Saturday night he worked it for about 20 minutes and gave us great 70 laps of racing and people complain. Maybe your spot will be for a fan that loves the sport. The biggest crowd I have ever seen last night at the Mag. For 70 laps the racing was really good. Yes had some cautions toward to end and allowed cars to single file up and narrowed track. Last years race was phenomenal. It has been 90+++ degrees all week with zero rain. This track needs rain. Very difficult to water it enough. So my advice stay home, turn off computer, or do whatever you need to do not be so negative. Cannot stand negative people. For me thanks to Johnny Stokes and staff for such a well run event. Thanks to all the fans and racers for showing up.

I actually didnt think the race was as bad as people made it sound.

For someone to come on here and bash a track is absolutely classless. Johnny Stokes pours every once of energy into this track and did everything he could do on track prep. Sometimes it just misses. If you want to come on here and gripe and moan don’t watch it on Lucas Oil TV or don’t pay the money to come. Friday night he works the track for 30 minutes to provide best possible surface and people complain on here then Saturday night he worked it for about 20 minutes and gave us great 70 laps of racing and people complain. Maybe your spot will be for a fan that loves the sport. The biggest crowd I have ever seen last night at the Mag. For 70 laps the racing was really good. Yes had some cautions toward to end and allowed cars to single file up and narrowed track. Last years race was phenomenal. It has been 90+++ degrees all week with zero rain. This track needs rain. Very difficult to water it enough. So my advice stay home, turn off computer, or do whatever you need to do not be so negative. Cannot stand negative people. For me thanks to Johnny Stokes and staff for such a well run event. Thanks to all the fans and racers for showing up.

Pretty fair assessment...….but Dr. Dirt missed it by 30 laps! Coulda been a great one!

Some people are never happy. Racing was just fine IMO

Some races are better than others and dirt is dirt and doesn’t always co operate. That’s part of what makes it exciting. Rain is also part of racing. Sometimes you just have a dialed in race car that is GONE. Look at Zach Mitchell last night. No one could touch him. It was his night.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    ....anybody know if the 50/50 was claimed? I left and forgot I had tickets?
    Yes a lady sitting on the very top row down toward turn 4 won it it was little over $700

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Yes a lady sitting on the very top row down toward turn 4 won it it was little over $700
    Ok. Thanks. ....my streak is still intact on 50/50’s. I’m 0 for bout 254. Lol
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

All opinions matter... The race was boring due to lack of track prep...Ol Johnny boy did a great job @ midnight the night before... I'm guessing it was too early to prep on Saturday... If it takes lapped traffic (which held up the leader) to make a race interesting and you define that as a good race... Our opinions and views of racing are way off... Negativity and Reality don't always go hand in hand... Choo Choo races are waste of peoples time and money.. But I've said it many times, a so called race fan that likes to see cars go "round & round" are a promoters best friend... Criticism isn't personal, it's the view of a paying fan... So don't make me start a "Defund the 4M Police" post...

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    All opinions matter... The race was boring due to lack of track prep...Ol Johnny boy did a great job @ midnight the night before... I'm guessing it was too early to prep on Saturday... If it takes lapped traffic (which held up the leader) to make a race interesting and you define that as a good race... Our opinions and views of racing are way off... Negativity and Reality don't always go hand in hand... Choo Choo races are waste of peoples time and money.. But I've said it many times, a so called race fan that likes to see cars go "round & round" are a promoters best friend... Criticism isn't personal, it's the view of a paying fan... So don't make me start a "Defund the 4M Police" post...
    I was there all 3 nights and I’ve seen probably a hundred races at Magnolia and this weekend was definitely unlike it usually is. North Mississippi has been dry as a bone for about the last 3 weeks and I wonder if the lack of rain played a part. Track prep wasn’t the problem because worked his @ss off day and night and at night I mean after the race was over he was out there working. I don’t know what else he could have done because he threw everything he had at it. I’d bet he keeps working on it and when the Cotton Pickin’ 100 rolls around it’ll be a different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    Lapped traffic has saved many poorly prepped tracks from being exposed for what they really are.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Its still on my bucket list.....was cool to have Thursday Friday Saturday racing to watch.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????