Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where does the Scott brothers get $$$ to support 2 teams?

Is Stormy & Johnny self-funded?

Grandmother has the $$$
    Ranch in New Mexico

From a few pics I've seen they've got a nice setup out there also.

Does it really matter ? Just shows, money can buy anything you want, but it takes talent to get the job done.

Some always seem interested in other folk’s money and how they spend it. And it seems often to be the first ones to stand up for personal privacy and rights.
    I hate time trials.

Doesn't Messilla Valley Trucking have their name on the cars? I believe they own a track in NM and they certainly have the funds.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Does it really matter ? Just shows, money can buy anything you want, but it takes talent to get the job done.
    Well I believe they are fairly accomplished modified drivers but are struggling to make the transition to LM. Add in the fact they don't live near weekly regional racing and decided to run the Lucas tour instead.

If you want to use money can't buy talent line then atleast include Brett Larson and Blake Spencer
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 06-21-2020 at 08:53 AM.

I think they have a history of running around getting info/ equipment from all over the place. So they probably don't get top tier info/support no matter how much money they spend. But i definitely agree that they have bit off alot running lucas. I for one don't care where they get their funding and an glad to see them stick it out. They haven't been very good but their usually not tearing up abunch of stuff or causing cautions just struggling to find speed

Their race shop is now located in Crossville, Tennessee.

I don't understand why people ask, where does the driver get funds from, and then the driver pulls the racecar out of the hauler and has like 12 sponsors on it. Now if those sponsors didin't pay, why would they be on the side of the car? I could understand this question from a plain car with only a number on it.

Waldo

I think the question was probably referring to 1/2 million dollar haulers (x2), 45k race cars, 50k engines, (x several) hired pit crew members. These are fixed cost- then add tires, diesel fuel, racing fuel, food and numerous other exspenses.
    Sponsees do help a lot with some of this - but I think the general question was referring to start-up $$.
    I don’t think too many banks out there are lending 750k to start a top notch dirt racing team. It doesn’t make for stable business plan for the lending institution. Not sure - but I think most folks are just curious as to the financial base of some teams that haven’t been around for ages. There is nothing wrong with being curious is there?

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Yes waldo, you're right, while on a break from Volunteer Friday night, I see where Matt Miller was running Rick DeLong's #3 blue and yellow car at Attica and running really well. What was wild is that there wasn't one sponsor on there, matter of fact, the whole dammed car was barenaked, and lo and behold, Matt won the feature, and last night he finished 3rd at Oakshade behind only Tyler Carpenter and Rusty Schlenk. Great weekend for a no sponsor on the car, wouldn't you say ?
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 06-21-2020 at 03:32 PM.

What u don't understand is if somebody other than Matt Miller paid for that car, that is a sponsorship.
    And u said it was Rick Delong.....Here's your sign. Plain car or not he is sponsored.

foxfire2dirtracing............I heard, and let me say it again, I heard from one person that the Drydene sponsorship for Bloomquist was $1,000,000 for one year. Now is it true, I don't know, but if it is this makes more sense. But I'm telling u some of these drivers are getting more dollars out of sponsorship than you think. They have to be because otherwise the numbers don't add up.

Post #10 & #13

I am missing something here or are you talking in circles & contradicting yourself?
    Can’t figure out what the point is you are trying to make?
    Please explain.

The topic of this thread was, where does the Scott brothers get there money from. I said Sponsorship. I am saying that these teams are getting there money from sponsors, that is all. And even if the Scott's got there money from their Grandmother like someone said that is still sponsorship. It dosen't have to be on the side of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    The topic of this thread was, where does the Scott brothers get there money from. I said Sponsorship. I am saying that these teams are getting there money from sponsors, that is all. And even if the Scott's got there money from their Grandmother like someone said that is still sponsorship. It dosen't have to be on the side of the car.
    Someone doesn’t understand the difference in ownership and sponsorship.

But I'm sure there is someone who does..........................................
    If the Grandmother gave them $1 dollar that would be a sponsor.
    Dosen't matter who bought or who owns what.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Their race shop is now located in Crossville, Tennessee.
    foxfire, check your PM’s

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Most of the money comes from Grandma.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1