Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WOO is kicking a bunch of money into this deal or it wouldn’t be happening. I don’t see Lucas running so probably 5-7 of those guys should show up. Overton, Marlar, Mars, and other should show also.

Tuty, Lucas is in Ohio next weekend.

Sorry missed the Ohio races as I guess it’s not on the Lucas Oil TV schedule.

Don't think Marlar is going to be there

should be nice $ for whoever shows up---$1,000 to start

Agree maybe 24 cars and all get between $1000 and $20,000 on Friday and Saturday, Good for them. Sprints will have 40-50 Cars for the weekend.

If only 24 cars show, that would mean that the worst a driver could do is earn $2,000 ---not bad

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    Agree maybe 24 cars and all get between $1000 and $20,000 on Friday and Saturday, Good for them. Sprints will have 40-50 Cars for the weekend.
    I think sprints are limited to 30 entries as well

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    I think sprints are limited to 30 entries as well
    That limits my interest in going. May just watch on TV Saturday... As does the fact PA a Speedweeks are going on so no Larson, Abreu, etc. and Lucas Oil in Ohio, and Dirt Kings at Mississippi Thunder. To have two 20k Sprint Car races and two 20k LM races and have 30 or less cars in each class is really disappointing. Not saying they’d get a ton more than that anyway but something about limiting cars (like the Eldora PPV did as well) rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully it all works out (WoO rented the track) but Cedar Lake also relies on support from Canadian race fans and they can’t cross the border. Didn’t hurt them at the Masters but there’s be more at an event like this. They should really be marketing this in the Twin Cities. With many local festivals canceled, that may be one area they can make up for the lack of national support (very short notice for travelers) and no Canadian fans.

I agree that limiting entries just sucks. One of the great things of our sport is being able to see the underdog or local/regional compete and have success. I understand they want the tv time right so make it an earlier start time or have them run a non qualifers race after the feature if necessary.

Would I like to see more cars? Sure.

But...let's be honest, what difference would 40 lates and 40 sprints make to the WoO show this weekend??? None!!

32 lates is 4 heats, a B-main, and feature. 30 sprints, same.

When did we reach the point when 8 heat races, two fast dashes, two B-mains, and two 20k to win features for 410 Sprints and open DLM, at the same track, (DONE by 10pm), is not worth attending!?!?

Two months ago, we were so starved for dirt racing, we would've traveled 3 hours to watch street stocks and 4 cylinders.

Thumbs up

Bingo ! Voila !