Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can’t wait!

Curious to see how many lates Cedar Lake has the first night with DK having a, 5k to win, $500 to start, show 2 hours down the road.

sorry I'm not up to speed on all racing stuff---what/where is DK ?

dirt kings late models http://dirtkingstour.com/
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

The show will not draw huge numbers but our group cannot wait. 10 camp sites and 12 tickets bought.

For some reason when I think of the upper Midwest I think about how stinking cold and windy it is in the winter time (and not how good the dirt racing is in the summertime) 😜

Hopefully Cedar Lake gets a good turnout of local cars, don't think there will be many open travelers other than the WoO regulars.

I would say 35 Late Models and 40 Sprints.

That's a good enough field for me. I will be there.

Red face

I am not a party-er but the party atmosphere at Cedar Lake is amazing. I love the Canadians who come down. Me thinks the Cedar Lake party-ers are generally respectful of others. Let me know if I'm wrong on this. They have an amazing number of camping spots. You see drivers on four-wheelers touring the camping. Good food. Very good track prep even when some drivers whine for dry slick. The Cedar Lake owners put the fans first and make the purses attractive to drivers. Brandon Shepherd and Brad Sweet (sprint guy) are on record as loving the track. I'm not a driver but it seems to me the track is a challenge in itself. You have to race the track before you can race other drivers. Then you have two different ends--steep banking in #1 and #2---hammer down. I love to sit up close on #2 as they come downhill off that concrete wall---yes, the bottom works too, and the middle. I wear motocross goggles---ugly but perfect---ha ha ha. Turns #3 and #4 are banked plenty but not as severe as #1 and #2 --a bit tricky to stay off the wall headed for the checkers. Feel free to disagree or challenge me. I welcome it. I am just a fan, know very little about car set-up, am not tied to any driver or team, nor in any way to Cedar Lake Speedway. My wife did buy me a ride for my birthday in a late model two seater at Cedar Lake. Wheehaw !
    P.S. Any track prep team can occasionally "miss" on track prep because of factors beyond their control. Some tracks "miss" often. Cedar Lake rarely misses, even when fans have to watch farming. --ha ha ha---sells more cheese curds, hamburgers, and "liquids" You have to take in $$ to run a business.
    Jim Hanson
    Minnesota

remember Jackson had a 2 day 20k to win WOO show a few weeks ago with 28 cars, MTS had a Dirt Kings show that Friday night on that same weekend 3hrs away with 50 cars showing up

Quote Originally Posted by bloomy18018 View Post
    remember Jackson had a 2 day 20k to win WOO show a few weeks ago with 28 cars, MTS had a Dirt Kings show that Friday night on that same weekend 3hrs away with 50 cars showing up
    I would say that has more to do with the area than anything. As someone who lives in NW Iowa, I can tell you there are almost NO late models in the area. The few we have out here are all IMCA/SLMR types that don't really run with open motors.

And the ones that are in Iowa are staying down there for the Slocum memorial race instead of going to CLS.

I guess it's good then that the WOO Sprints will pack the place as usual. I like the sprints also but I was hoping the late
    models would not be "the support class." Perhaps we'll be surprised and get more late models than expected.

Saturday should be interesting. They have a TV slot from 8 to 10 o’clock for both features to be run. How they qualify, heat race, run any necessary B mains, if needed, and be able to run both features by 10 o’clock with out any time for any needed significant track prep will be interesting.

I hope all goes well and the live features are good with no choo choo racing!

There will be a strong number of CLS locals (Mars, Diemel, Glenz, Giossi, Doar) but any drivers from elsewhere in WI will most likely be at MTS for the DirtKings races because they follow that series. The only drivers in MN with open motor cars I could think of are Don Shaw, Jordan Yaggy, Dustin Sorenson, and Jake Timm - and Yaggy mostly runs MLRA & Timm's dad owns the MTS track. Maybe RTJ will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    There will be a strong number of CLS locals (Mars, Diemel, Glenz, Giossi, Doar) but any drivers from elsewhere in WI will most likely be at MTS for the DirtKings races because they follow that series. The only drivers in MN with open motor cars I could think of are Don Shaw, Jordan Yaggy, Dustin Sorenson, and Jake Timm - and Yaggy mostly runs MLRA & Timm's dad owns the MTS track. Maybe RTJ will be there.
    Yaggy is chasing MLRA ROY he wont be there. Lance Matthees also has a open motor but will be at the Dirt Kings show at MTS. Heard they are caping the car count at cedar to 32 cars each for lates and sprints.

Quote Originally Posted by wastingmoney View Post
    Yaggy is chasing MLRA ROY he wont be there. Lance Matthees also has a open motor but will be at the Dirt Kings show at MTS. Heard they are caping the car count at cedar to 32 cars each for lates and sprints.
    If thats true it must be a WOO thing cuz that would seem extremely uncharacteristic of CLS do this since they've already just had a huge mod/lm show a few weeks ago.

Ya know, $274,000 in posted prize money for 3 days ain't too shabby. I see that on Friday night and Saturday night they are paying $20,000 to win and $1,000 to start ---for both the sprints and the late models--and the same for both nights. ---plus the opportunity to "get on TV" if you are a vain fellow---ha ha ha---