Default J Bar adjustment

Is 5/8 of an inch change in J bar height on the pinion mount a big change? Also will too much J Bar angle cause the car to not get on the RF?

To much of anything will upset the car but generally speaking more angle promotes getting on the bars. 5/8" is a typical adjustment at the pinion but yes it is a big change. Most people don't move any more than that from their standard location witch is generally even with the centerline of the pinion or about 5/8" below

I’m 5/8 below my pinion now. My car was extremely tight this past weekend. It wouldn’t rotate for anything. Felt like someone’s nose was turning into my RR quarter every lap on entry and through the middle. I took bite out of the car and also raised the LRL bar and it didn’t make a difference. I’m planning on raising my J Bar up even with the pinion to try this week.

Track conditions different than you normally see?

Not really. But a different car. I used to run a b/g rocket and always ran my J Bar even with the pinion. I’m in an orange rocket and set everything to rockets book so I’m 5/8 below center of pinion and it is unbelievably tight. Never drove a car this tight. On and off throttle.

That's a orange cars mo. Taking wedge out made your entry worse. Less jbar will help entry but Make it tighter on exit. Some things we had good luck with is raising right bottom bar and lengthen rr bars 3/8 to 1\2" . If you have a lf tether remove it or droop it out to max. Run your lf tierod all the way in on the spindal and your rf at least halfway out if serated if not run it on the outside hole. Car also likeed less rear percentage

Less Jbar was going to be my first adjustment. Then I was going to lengthen the RR bars. What’s your reasoning behind removing LF tether? To load RR more?

Yes load rr on accel.

Sounds like a plan. Thank you.