Default Bad news for Ryan Gustin's late model team

Reaper Nation

Unfortunately at this time the 19R crew will not be racing this week or until further notice. Static electricity with the funnel and filter fueling the race car caused a spark and caught fire quickly. Both late models were inside along with a lot of other race equipment that has been deemed a total loss. One of the late models may be savable at this time. Please Pray for all parties involved as this happened in Wichita.

Sending thoughts and prayers their way.

I am linking a gofundme page for a crew guy who suffered burns in case any of you would like to help them out.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/de8qk2-br...WE-nSFiOIzNpUc

Terrible news. Hoping for the best for all involved.

I seen they just released some new shirts, I think I'll get on board with getting a couple to help the cause. Bad deal!

The same thing happened to Feger @ Peoria a week ago. They were lucky and got it put out quickly.
    8/13/16

Sure hate to hear this. Gustin has looked good in a late model at times but seems to run into some bad luck.
    I hate time trials.

So Feger posted a picture of the fuel funnel he was using and it looked like it had some sort of metal filter thing in it. I've never seen one like that before. All my fuel funnels are just plastic with no metal at all.

Such a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    So Feger posted a picture of the fuel funnel he was using and it looked like it had some sort of metal filter thing in it. I've never seen one like that before. All my fuel funnels are just plastic with no metal at all.
    I have a blue one like that which I bought from my VP dealer. I'll be pitching the filter. I have a red one without it. We're in a building with about 20 other businesses and cold storage units. I don't want to be liable for burning that down. Yikes.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Would some kind of ground on the funnel help?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I have a blue one like that which I bought from my VP dealer. I'll be pitching the filter. I have a red one without it. We're in a building with about 20 other businesses and cold storage units. I don't want to be liable for burning that down. Yikes.
    probably a good idea. I guess I don't see the need for the built in filter. I buy fuel in sealed barrels and if I feel it needs to be filtered I just put a couple of those paper filters with the screen in them in the funnel.