Default TST question....

I been going to TST since I was in middle school. I’m 46 now. I remember Lucas there before for some 10k to wins. Maybe even a SAS 10k to win. And a Red Farmer tribute race won by Weaver that paid 9700. Plenty of 100 lappers over the years but most didn’t pay 5 digits. So here’s my question. Is this weekends 12k to win the biggest in TST history? I dare say it is. Am i right?
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

DC im pretty sure it is the biggest pay for late models , jimmy owens won the last one and it was 10k , I tend to remember a sprint car race paying more but not sure …..

Pretty sure Madden won the last one and the Lucas races were $10,000 back then. I am also pretty sure that the WoO Sprint races were also $10,000 to win

I was at all the Outlaw Sprint Car races. They were 10k. Lasoski won a dandy there. They were 3 wide coming to the white flag.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

To answer your question DC, it is indeed the biggest show $$$ wise in the history of TST.

The bank to put on this "total" show boggles me, I would like to thank you DC and all the rest who come out and spend their hard-earned money to attend. I hope for a giant crowd, I pray that we have a good surface and a good race.

We have our flaws but we are throwing the whole kit and kaboodle with this race.

Extensive track prep will take place all week when not raining. If we have a surface Saturday night that we had last Friday night, it could be killer.

This will be my biggest night in the booth doing to TST classes while Mr. Essex does his thing.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Pretty sure Madden won the last one and the Lucas races were $10,000 back then. I am also pretty sure that the WoO Sprint races were also $10,000 to win
    you are right , I didn't make the 08 race that madden won , I was there in 07 when owens nearly lapped the whole field …...

I will agree with Late Model Mark. If the track surfaces is like it was Friday it will be awesome. Saturday was a good surface too. It was a second off from Friday. Friday was a pretty good show. We won a barn burner Friday night in 602. Three wide racing for the lead. Racing all through the field in all classes. It was awesome. We will be coming back again this weekend. Going to make the 2 1/2 hour pull and see if we can bring home some more TST money.

I guess that feller ^^^^^^ didn't have such nice words to say about TST!

Spam filter, do you guys understand what it is ? But you'll toss somebody for no good reason but this garbage keeps filtering through. Great job.

My dad and I talked about this question. We seem to remember a race in the mid 90s that paid $20k. We always called it The Bloomquist Race. Keep in mind this was very pre internet. This was one of the first races where Bloomquist raced the 0 car. We couldn’t believe it was him. Anyhow he started top 4 and had a flat on lap 8 I believe. Fast forward to a yellow on lap 99 and he’s up to second. He gets under a guy named Mark Miner coming off 2 and Miner turns down into his rear quarter panel and spins him. Still the best race I ever saw. I also remember a couple Hav-A-Tampa races from the early 90s that were massive races. These were all 100 lappers. And I wholeheartedly agree. If the surface is right TST has some of the best racing in the south. Sure hope it’s like that Saturday.

1997ish and I believe it paid $10k.

I was at the minor / bloomer race. Bloomer put in a show for sure. But it did pay 10k.

Mark I’m bringing at least 12 people with me. And that might grow. Most of them green horns. I’ve tried to get through on Birmingham radio to do a plug for this race. No luck. Gonna try again today.

I hope it’s a complete success, track owners are pleased, and this becomes a yearly event.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Me to DC.

GRT24, Chris, you drove a very nice race and your car is really nice!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

This is not stupid ideal LMM, but it looks like TST should hand out mask to those who wish to wear one. Most would wear one if handed to them esp elders... If things got really dusty, it would come in handy..
    Last edited by NorthAlabama; 06-26-2020 at 09:27 PM.

This covid bs has been around since March. I’m quite sure those who choose to wear a mask has acquired one, if not many by now. No need for this to be a TST responsibility.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Owens wins again. Hot. Very hot this year.

Had a good time last night. Place was packed. Every track, anywhere, you bring in the big dogs, the fans are gonna pile in. Good too see. I’m sure TST staff did good and was pleased. ....Mark I had several people tell me after the 50 lapper I was invited up to the booth by you over the pa. But I was on the backstretch and couldn’t hear. I appreciate it though. Enjoyed it.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

10/4 DC, James Essex wanted to meet you, all is good.

LMM