Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Another Bloomquist car up front 
    He was in the Rocket last night. Saved the Bloomer for PA.

Quote Originally Posted by rajflyboy View Post
    another bloomquist car up front 
    xr-won....................

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    He was in the Rocket last night. Saved the Bloomer for PA.
    Gotcha Thanks 👍

The move Pierce threw at ADog was horrible. Payback hopefully is a coming.
    I was waiting for Pierce to do Spatola wrong. That would end up bad for Pierce.
    I'd expect some excitement tonight at Dav.
    8/13/16

Weisser one of the most clean drivers and never post negative things on fb. So clearly it was bad just by reading his post. It's going to be in the sport a long time and very impressive how well he does in both late models and mods. Last year in 2 weekends he won 8 features. Can't wait for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    A very fun race to watch... I was on the backstretch and it was packed. The fans were loving it. FALS moved the program along nicely. I only saw two fans that had a facemask on...
    Thanks, Wild Bill. Certainly was hoping to hear a blow by blow of the race but really wanted to see a few posts on how safe it was to be there. ......... I passed knowing it would be a usual great FALS race but am taking a wait and see to see how safe it is to go.

Anyone have a thought on how densely the place was packed?

It was packed on the back stretch the front stretch you can space out and have no issues social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    Ya, the ignorance of some folks smh. I always like it when keyboard jockeys assume they know more than a guy they dont know anything about.
    We all know about you there Illtaste32 lol. The only ignorance in this thread is you with your new name and the love you have for dirty bobby... 😎

Champion 24 kinda hard to punch him in the nose when weisser had to run the modified feature and pierce went hiding in his hauler right after the race and had security at his hauler. Billy the kid just kills me when keyboard warriors wear rose colored glasses. an besides pierce pit crew will punch bobby. won't be first time an won't be the last.

Said it before and I’ll say it again: If any of the drivers feel like Pierce has run them over it’s on them to mete out justice. Going tit for tat with a guy who has immediate shop access to rebuild any damage is kind of pointless for 98% of the other drivers. His stuff will get rebuilt every time, and eventually your car owner will run out of money and interest. The same rule applied to Richards back in the day. Bobby produces results so he’s not likely to change his aggressive tactics. It won’t change until someone either has similarly deep pockets goes tit for tat with Bobby or when someone decides to dish out a double helping of knuckle sammiches. A guy is less likely to drive through another guy if the threat of an imminent arse-whooping exists in the pits. Note that Richards had no more run-ins with Casey Roberts after getting tuned up, and the Cushman’s didn’t have to fix a bunch of bodies.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

And really, Pierce needs a new nickname. His current one doesn’t remotely describe his style. Bobby is very talented, arguably a generational talent, and will be a mainstay of the sport for years to come. Smooth Operator though? I imagine even Bobby would say it’s not accurate.

I am not a Pierce fan but will admit he is a hard charger and fun to watch. He has made himself quite a list of guys who owe him one though. He hasn't had run ins with Babb since Babb paid him back at Macon a few years ago. I suspect he will lose a few big races over the coming years due to well timed payback. Weisser appears to be a guy that has the chops to be a front runner & may have chances to dole out some payback himself.

I am in no way a fan of Bobby but COME ON PEOPLE....GO WATCH THE REPLAY OVER AND OVER,,,,,,HE HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO LIFT A LITTLE BUT HE-A-DOG TRIED TO PUNT HIM AND IT BACK-FIRED.GO WATCH IT PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET THE BOBBY BLINDERS OFF........

Lightbulb

Fool Operator?

Bobby once again put on a show for the fans in the stands. Driving from 12th to a 2nd place finish. As far as the slider on Weisser. It was not the best.. But, it is very clear that Weisser ran into the back of Bobby's car. And that is what caused the damages to his car.

First off, Pierce's slider was questionable, at best. From a mere spectator viewpoint what happens to the equipment on the track doesn't affect me financially at all, it's just part of what makes dirt late model racing entertaining. Some of these moves might piss me off for the moment but really, it has no bearing on quality of life. Furthermore, dirt late model drivers pulling boneheaded sliders on a 1/4 mile bullring present very little possibility of physical injury. All that taken into consideration it's a bit silly and a waste of time for someone like me to get emotionally distraught.

Young Mr. Pierce will continue to do what he does for as long as no one follows through with rearranging his facial features. If no other driver feels adequately compelled to make him pay a painful price there is no reason for me to care. I would only say that breaking his nose, and the humiliation that goes with it, makes much more sense than wadding up his, and possibly they're own, equipment.

Besides, this stuff makes for great message board conversation.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-25-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    First off, Pierce's slider was questionable, at best. From a mere spectator viewpoint what happens to the equipment on the track doesn't affect me financially at all, it's just part of what makes dirt late model racing entertaining. Some of these moves might piss me off for the moment but really, it has no bearing on quality of life. Furthermore, dirt late model drivers pulling boneheaded sliders on a 1/4 mile bullring present very little possibility of physical injury. All that taken into consideration it's a bit silly and a waste of time for someone like me to get emotionally distraught.

Young Mr. Pierce will continue to do what he does for as long as no one follows through with rearranging his facial features. If no other driver feels adequately compelled to make him pay a painful price there is no reason for me to care. I would only say that breaking his nose, and the humiliation that goes with it, makes much more sense than wadding up his, and possibly they're own, equipment.

Besides, this stuff makes for great message board conversation.
    It's good for the sport. Some people get so bent out of shape over this stuff that doesn't even involve them. It's good entertainment to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    It's good for the sport. Some people get so bent out of shape over this stuff that doesn't even involve them. It's good entertainment to me.
    I'm with ya' 100% Pennsboro. Beatin' and bangin' is a large part of the charm of dirt late model racing. The more they beat, bang and wreck each other the more exciting it is!

So it’s the person being slid that is supposed to yield? Interesting,,,,,.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I’m not bent out of shape in the least. Bobby is exciting, no doubt, most of the time he is the show. That said, if a driver doesn’t want to keep getting run over or driven poorly they have to be willing to make the offender pay. Until someone gives Bobby that payment he’ll continue to use other guys up and drive aggressively, putting himself in positions where equipment gets torn up and other drivers are pissed. Eventually, someone is going to settle up with him.