Default Talladega Lucas Track Prep

Some folks just think we are just going to dump water on the track and race the Lucas Series. With so much on the line Saturday night, that would be an epic flaw in thinking and execution.

There has been rain so far thru out the week, but that has not slowed the work on the clay.

Continuing track work today with a state-of-the-art John Deere 4450 pulling a giant implement that chews up the dirt has been rippin' it up and massaging the surface. Multiple other John Deere farm style equipment with discs and other contraptions have been doing their thing as well has the sheep's foot.

Friday more will follow with an all day regiment of track work. TST has acquired for this event a mutli-use water truck with various sprayers to help along with the regular 2 water trucks used at TST.

After racing Friday night up in Tennessee, Dale McDowell will take over track prep duties. So you have a very accomplished driver from the SLM ranks doing track prep as well.

Once again, if the track turns out Saturday night for the most important show at TST in a decade, like it did last Friday night, it could be stellar. I am hoping for stout!!!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

I sure hope that you have the best track you have ever had. I will get down there one day but for you and the rest of the crew I sure hope that yall have a kick ass show and the fans pack that place out.

track should have plenty of water in it with all this rain , BTW , the rain there showing for sat looks to be staying north of the track , praying for that any way , should be a nice night...….